Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-30 21:03:46

Arthur Bon Zavi

Ultimate verdict

I am doing CIE GCE AS/A2 level of which 4 are A2 subjects and 2 AS. I am getting done with A2 this series of October - November 2011.

Is anyone doing or have done CIE Mathematics (9691) in their A-level ?

I am into the stage where I am left to give only one paper (Mechanics 1). I have given rest of the three papers (Pure Mathematics 1 and Statistics 1 in May - June 2011 and Pure Mathematics 2 and 3 in this October - November 2011 session) and they have been great so far.

If you can direct me to the pages where I can find revision and other aiding material for Mechanics 1. This would be great.

In the heart of the night, when it's dark in the lights; I heard the loudest voice - a gun shot on the floor.

#2 2011-10-31 06:47:08

Bob
Administrator

Re: Ultimate verdict

hi Arthur Bon Zavi

Welcome to the forum.

Is anyone doing or have done CIE Mathematics (9691) in their A-level ?

There was a post a while back from NVS.  See

http://www.mathisfunforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=15432

But nothing from this person since.

Are you teaching yourself?  I assume you've looked at the Cambridge resources pages.

If you have a specific question / topic, post on the Help Me pages and there are several forum members  who'll give it their best thinking.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2011-10-31 19:52:46

Arthur Bon Zavi

Yes, I saw that page.

What I need is some references for Mechanics 1 from this site. Yes, I have been through to the CIE website and resources already.

No, I am taking those subjects via school. I will post doubts if any.

Thanks man.

In the heart of the night, when it's dark in the lights; I heard the loudest voice - a gun shot on the floor.

#4 2011-10-31 20:45:43

Bob
Administrator

hi Arthur Bon Zavi

I looked at the Maths Is Fun pages first.

http://www.mathsisfun.com/index.htm

There doesn't seem to be a lot at the moment.  There's a bit on Newton, and force, velocity etc., but I don't think that's what you'll want.

MIF develops new pages all the time and doesn't mind feedback and suggestions.  I've recently given him a new challenge for a zoomable number line

http://www.mathisfunforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=16737

and that's keeping him quite busy!  (If you're reading this,  MIF, once again thanks!)

Many years ago, when I did mechanics, mostly it came down to practice, because there's not a lot of theory.  So get some past papers, give them a try, and post here when you get stuck.

Good luck with it!  smile

Bob

Last edited by Bob (2011-10-31 20:46:35)

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#5 2011-10-31 20:51:34

Arthur Bon Zavi

That's okay. I went through that site. Besides, I have revised my M1 book a well number of satisfied times. I am doing the past papers now.

Thank you.

Board footer