Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-26 01:29:40

david olumuyide

maths

i have maths and Algebra i am unable to solve .Will you help?

#2 2011-08-26 01:38:51

gAr

Re: maths

yes

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense"  - Buddha?

"Data! Data! Data!" he cried impatiently. "I can't make bricks without clay."

#3 2011-08-26 02:56:46

Au101

That's what we're here for - to enjoy doing some maths together - just post your questions in the forum and we'll do our best smile

#4 2011-08-26 04:42:42

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi;

Welcome to the forum! Post and pray!

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#5 2011-08-31 22:19:35

divyas

If you have problems with Algebra and Maths,you should consult some tutor for that or you can also take help from some learning institutes.I was facing same problem few months back and my friend recommend me [ad removed by moderator ] for solving issues.They provide me sample papers for that and now my mostly problems solved out.Now i am also giving Maths Olympiad this month and i am taking coaching from them.Lets hope that i would clear it or not.

#6 2011-08-31 22:30:48

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi divyas;

I think there are people here well qualified to handle the OP's algebra questions. Perhaps you would be interested in donating some of your time to helping. Then you could demonstrate your olympic abilities.

#7 2011-08-31 22:49:20

divyas

Hi Bobby,
I know there are lots of people who are well qualified but if i answered someone's query or suggesting them something,i think its not any crime and i know what can i do and what i have to do.If suggesting some one is a issue here then why people are asking questions here..Could you please define me.

#8 2011-08-31 22:56:39

bobbym
bumpkin

I notice your email address is that site. So you are not suggesting something, rather you are advertising for personal gain. Using someone else's site and bandwidth is akin to painting a sign on the side of my car advertising your product. Do you plan to cut MIF in on the profits gained from spamming us? In my country to plant a advertisement on my lawn costs money.

Advertisements for profit are considered spam and are not allowed on any forum. You can suggest all the free sites you desire.

then why people are asking questions here.

People are asking questions here because they need help. If they would have wanted your site they would have gone there already. They came here to get there questions answered for free. They did not come here to be detoured back to your pay site.

#9 2011-08-31 23:16:46

divyas

I used this email address because i am a student there and i am not advertising something here.I am just giving my opinions.If you think that i am advertising here then you are totally wrong

#10 2011-08-31 23:22:04

bobbym
bumpkin

If you think that i am advertising here then you are totally wrong

You post a link to a pay site and your email address is a link to the same site and I am totally wrong? You are not advertising?

Advertising a pay site is for profit. We are volunteers here. This site costs money too. Do you think it is fair to advertise another site without compensating this one? Do they have a link for this forum there? Would they allow you to post an advertisement for another site on their site? They would demand you pay them to advertise on their site.

Frankly, I am amazed that you feel you can paste your advertisement on any site you wish and at any time, and that you are right in doing so. We are trying to run a forum here too. Trying to keep it running smoothly for our members. Should we be slowed down by zillions of parasites, hampering our operation? Is their bottom line my primary concern?

I know there are lots of people who are well qualified.

You say this but you do not mean it or understand it. You believe that only if someone is charged 10 dollars per question is he being helped by an expert. I believe the OP when he decides to ask his algebra question, that it will be answered just as well and maybe better right here.

Board footer