Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-25 22:35:06

abideweb

Hello! My Mission On This Forum

Hello! Dear fellow Mathematicians,

I am  hear to rub minds with the forumites with regards to Mathematics.

I am a GOOD MATHEMATICIAN from a country in Africa popularly called the giant of Africa - NIGERIA.

We have a big problem with regards to the teaching and learning of Maths. I have worked in different schools where i taught Maths but i found out that the students have low morale learning the subject. I just decided to quit teaching in schools so that i could be able to make research on how to make Maths, a fun subject.

I don't mind if YOU could help me out in helping my dear students who are in the multitude. We also lack adequate teachers who can hold their own in the subject.

I will be a regular visitor to this forum .

Thanks everyone.

#2 2011-08-25 22:42:23

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: Hello! My Mission On This Forum

Hi abideweb;

Welcome to the forum! The first thing you can do is encourage your students to join the forum. To post their questions. Then help right where it is needed can be delivered. Encourage them to visit here:

http://www.mathsisfun.com/

Sympathize with your problem of poor morale and lack of teachers. That is now pandemic.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2011-08-26 00:16:19

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Hello! My Mission On This Forum

Hi abideweb,

Glad to learn you'd be a regular visitor!

Welcome to the forum!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer