Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-07 00:55:53

k1n0m1

RE: Is there a way to infuse math with literature?

O forgive me all mega math lovers, for I have loved literature as much as math, if not more. tongue

But in any case, I should like to meet fellow literature lovers here at Math Is Fun, who can think of beautiful and elegant ways to incorporate literature into math. Speaking of which, does anyone write short stories about math e.g. something about the life of a math student?

Also, if possible, I would like to get permission or seek confirmation that posting series of short stories is allowed here.

But, all in all, can some people answer the question in the subject?

~
Back with a vengeance.

#2 2009-10-07 11:09:48

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: RE: Is there a way to infuse math with literature?

I like reading smile

Yes, please, post one of your short stories so we can read it.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2009-10-09 15:28:34

Tigeree

Re: RE: Is there a way to infuse math with literature?

Lit.'s good. I sent a short story into a comp the other day, I think it's the only scary story I've ever written, because of my irrational fears and all sometimes I scare myself. But my dark side likes it.
A lot of people have posted short stories around here to get peoples opinions, your very welcome to.

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

Board footer