Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-01 08:22:49

spirittoo

Thanks but no thanks ... there must be a stragety ... Help!

Hi kids big_smile... Foghorn Leghorn's "Thanks but no thanks" is a loony tune game ...dizzy 
here is a link to the game
The object is to blow up the presents before they reach the top of the hen house.  You have to have 3 or more of the same color gifts touching each other in order to blow them up ... if you blow up a large number of gifts, you get a certain colored bomb that will blow up all boxes that is that particular color, using the space bar.  There are different levels ... when you get to level 4 another color box is added to the game ... when you get to level 7 another colored box is added ... making it harder to get three or more of the same colors to touchfaint ... now my highest score has been in the 70,000 mark.  I know there is a method to the madness but I can't figure it out.  I figure to work to bring as many of the same color boxes together when ever possible, but it's not always possible dunno... look at the high scores ... I'm wondering is it mathematically possible to score that high?
If anyone can figure if it is possible to score higher that 100,000 please post.  Oh an one other thing ... the music is terrible!what
Thank you for your time. wave

#2 2009-09-01 23:28:26

1a2b3c2212

Re: Thanks but no thanks ... there must be a stragety ... Help!

During the early levels they score big points?? the rows fill up slower than the higher levels. so they earn many points in the early levels.

if it's impossible to get 100K++ then they must be hacking.

#3 2009-09-03 07:29:11

spirittoo

I was wondering the same thing ... it could be mathematically impossible to get that high ... at level seven there are 5 different color boxes.  Much harder to find three or more of the same color on that level.  In the lower levels you can gain extra points if you get rid of all the boxes before the next row comes up.  What ever level you are in you will get that times 1000 for doing so.  The highest I've ever reached was 83000.  Thanks for posting.

#4 2009-09-03 07:44:15

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi spiritoo;

Have you googled around for cheats to the game. Lots of games have hidden features that allow higher scores, more armor, more missiles, stronger tires, faster car etc. they are called cheats.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#5 2009-09-03 13:15:57

spirittoo

Hi bobby ... yep googled very key word I could think of to find a cheat or strategy for that game.  Nothing.  That's why I came here ... I figure math is the key to this puzzle or maybe not I don't know ... just hoping I can get a clue.

#6 2009-09-03 23:30:00

1a2b3c2212

you can cheat. use cheat engine.

#7 2009-09-04 09:57:43

spirittoo

cheat engine?  What is that?  Never heard of it.  Please explain.

#8 2009-09-04 10:01:39

spirittoo

Okay I binged cheat engine and found the program ... I will look into it.  Thanks much!

#9 2009-09-04 10:30:14

spirittoo

I downloaded and installed the program, but I don't know how it worksdunno I looked at the instructions, but they made no sense to me at all.what  I just don't get it.dizzy  How can it work on a web site?  If you have a better way of explaining it than the creator please post.wave

Last edited by spirittoo (2009-09-04 10:31:53)

#10 2009-09-04 12:18:37

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi spirittoo;

Cheat engine like Art Money and Memhack are advanced programs for modifying games while you are playing them. They do this by giving you control over the ram that the game is using to store the values such as bombs,lives,speed,levels etc. You must understand some assembly language(hexadecimal,octal,binary, bytes, bits,registers, coding, debuggers,code caves, dll injection and patching) to really use them effectively. This is really the beginnings of the dark side of the force.

There used to be a program called ramcheat (requiring no special knowledge) that was pretty simple to use on lots of games (not online!). All three of the above programs can do a whole lot more.

How can it work on a web site?

Be careful with this idea, it is unethical at best and illegal at worst.

Last edited by bobbym (2009-09-04 23:36:44)

#11 2009-09-05 11:45:34

spirittoo

bobbym wrote:

Hi spirittoo;

Cheat engine like Art Money and Memhack are advanced programs for modifying games while you are playing them. They do this by giving you control over the ram that the game is using to store the values such as bombs,lives,speed,levels etc. You must understand some assembly language(hexadecimal,octal,binary, bytes, bits,registers, coding, debuggers,code caves, dll injection and patching) to really use them effectively. This is really the beginnings of the dark side of the force.

There used to be a program called ramcheat (requiring no special knowledge) that was pretty simple to use on lots of games (not online!). All three of the above programs can do a whole lot more.

Be careful with this idea, it is unethical at best and illegal at worst.

faint You think it my be unethical or illegal?  Did you check out the link to the game in the first post?  I didn't get that impressionwhat, there are no other players you compete withdunno ... are you sure about this?eek

#12 2009-09-05 15:16:21

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi Hi spirittoo;;

You think it my be unethical or illegal?  Did you check out the link to the game in the first post?  I didn't get that impressionwhat, there are no other players you compete withdunno ... are you sure about this?

Yes, I would not do it. If there are no other players to compete against what is the purpose of cheating the scores?

Last edited by bobbym (2009-09-05 15:17:28)

#13 2009-09-05 15:49:10

1a2b3c2212

if the game is well-protected then you can't hack your score. but i think you should be able to change the speed of the game. to do this you

1.open cheat engine,
2.click on the icon that looks like "a computer",
3.then they will say "Select Process" if you don't know what this means then you click Window List. 4.Then scroll down until you see the window of the game then double click.once you done that, ur back where you started.
5.next find the check box that says "Enable Speedhack". Check that box and the computer will lag for a short while.
6.once the speedmeter comes out below that heading, change it to whatever ratio you want it to be.

e.g i want the game to be two times slower than normal speed so you key in 0.5 and press Apply.

making the game go extremely slow lets u think a strategy before the rows even fill up..

#14 2009-09-06 07:21:44

spirittoo

bobbym wrote:

Yes, I would not do it. If there are no other players to compete against what is the purpose of cheating the scores?

You didn't check out the game did you?  I don't see how you can come to that conclusion when you haven't even seen the game.  I'm just trying to figure out how they get those high scores ... it seems mathematically impossible.what

#15 2009-09-06 07:23:37

spirittoo

1a2b3c2212 wrote:

if the game is well-protected then you can't hack your score. but i think you should be able to change the speed of the game. to do this you

1.open cheat engine,
3.then they will say "Select Process" if you don't know what this means then you click Window List. 4.Then scroll down until you see the window of the game then double click.once you done that, ur back where you started.
5.next find the check box that says "Enable Speedhack". Check that box and the computer will lag for a short while.
6.once the speedmeter comes out below that heading, change it to whatever ratio you want it to be.

e.g i want the game to be two times slower than normal speed so you key in 0.5 and press Apply.

making the game go extremely slow lets u think a strategy before the rows even fill up..

Thanks I'll give it a shot and see what happens ...wave

#16 2009-09-06 10:01:30

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi spiritoo;

spiritoo wrote:

You didn't check out the game did you?  I don't see how you can come to that conclusion when you haven't even seen the game.  I'm just trying to figure out how they get those high scores ... it seems mathematically impossible

We have a game here that the moderator mathsyperson's scores are almost double mine. I can come to 2 conclusions:
1) He is cheating,
2) He has more densely packed neurons in his brain.

I chose 2. I guess what you choose is up to you.

spiritoo wrote:

How can it work on a web site?

You misunderstand me, I was just answering your question. Intentionally altering someone else's site or web page is hacking. It is illegal and unethical. I was not suggesting that was your motive. Also even downloading a game or program and using a tool to alter another's intellectual property is also illegal. The fact that it is done all the time doesn't change anything.

Last edited by bobbym (2009-09-06 10:03:02)

#17 2009-09-06 11:17:59

spirittoo

bobbym wrote:

Hi spiritoo;

You misunderstand me, I was just answering your question. Intentionally altering someone else's site or web page is hacking. It is illegal and unethical. I was not suggesting that was your motive. Also even downloading a game or program and using a tool to alter another's intellectual property is also illegal. The fact that it is done all the time doesn't change anything.

Is that what that program does?  Alter the web site?  I thought it was going to slow the game down so I can figure out a pattern.dunno

I tried following the directions that were posted but when it came time to wait for that function to put in the speed ... that never came up.  Nothing happen after I enabled the speedhack.what

wave

#18 2009-09-06 11:59:13

bobbym
bumpkin

spiritoo wrote:

Is that what that program does?  Alter the web site?  I thought it was going to slow the game down so I can figure out a pattern.

No, don't worry that program doesn't alter anyone else's site. I was speaking hypothetically.

#19 2009-09-08 10:13:35

spirittoo

1a2b3c2212 wrote:

1.open cheat engine,

Okay I tried what you said, but after I enable speedhack nothing happen.  The speedmeter never came up ... it's going to be in the engine right?  So far nothing.  I'm guessing it will slow the game down enough where I can figure out the strategy right?roflol
wavetouched

#20 2009-09-22 10:51:52

spirittoo

wave Still trying to figure out this puzzle.  I wonder if anyone can tell me if it is mathematically possible for someone to get a high score of 183700?  dizzyeek  The highest score I've ever gotten was 90,000faint.  They say the min high score is 154,000+.

What happens is ... after every third level a new box is added.  So you start off with three different colored boxed were three or more of the same colored boxes have to be touching fully on one side in order for then to be exploded.  If you explode a lot of the same color, you get a bomb of  that color.

That bomb can be used to get rid of all the boxes that are the color of the bomb.  If you get rid of all the boxes before the next row of boxes comes up, then you get 1000 points times the level you are are on.  I've never gotten pass level seven, that's when the fifth colored box is added ... but I would guess if it is possible to reach level 10 a six box would be added and so on, making is much harder to find three of the same color boxes touching fully at least on one side. what

So is it possible to reach these high scores as they claim?
Is there anyone here that can answer that?dunno

Oh and slowing down the game would only allow me to try and figure out a strategy ... but if there are no boxes of the same color touching it doesn't matter how slow the game is going ... you are through.:/

Thanks for reading this post.kiss

Board footer