Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-01 04:39:42

phrontister
Real Member

Images won't delete

Hi!

I've tried without success to delete a couple of images from my posts, and wonder if there's a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.

The images are:
1. The third one in "The missing dollar" thread in Puzzles and Games.
2. The second one in post #8 of "Edna's age" thread, also in Puzzles and Games.

Ticking the Delete box on the Edit page didn't work...and waiting several hours before trying again made no difference either. Nor did logging off/on.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Thanks.

Last edited by phrontister (2009-09-01 05:45:44)

"The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do." - Ted Nelson

#2 2009-09-01 09:26:43

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: Images won't delete

I will look into it.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2009-09-01 10:55:06

phrontister
Real Member

Thanks, MathsIsFun.

Btw, I'm fairly sure that I was able to delete one or two in the past, but I don't recall what it was that I did differently.

I know that on one occasion I just deleted the whole post and started again.

"The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do." - Ted Nelson

#4 2009-09-01 18:50:43

Identity

Dear Mathsisfun, I've noticed that if I make a post, then for about 5 minutes after I post it (not exactly sure how long) I can't delete the post. I can click the button 'Delete', but it doesn't do anything. I have to wait a long time to come back and delete it.

Board footer