1. Find the area of th quadrilateral formed by A(3, 4), B(-1, 6),
C(-3, -4), and D(6, 1).
2. The line joining (-4, 6) and (-1, -3) is perpendicular to the line joining (0, 4) and (3, a). Find a.
3. Show that x + y - 2 = 0 is perpendicular bisector of the line joining the origin and (2, 2).
4. Find the equation of the line which is concurrent with the lines y = x and y = 2 - x and perpendicular to the line y = 4x + 5.
5. If three or more parallel lines are intersected by two transversals, prove that the intercepts made by them on the transversal are proportional.
6. The bisector of the angle B and C of a triangle ABC meet the opposite sides at D and E respectively. If DE || BC, prove that the triangle is isosceles.
7. PQR is a triangle in which PQ = QR and Z is a point on the side PR such that QR[sup]2[/sup] = PR.RZ. Prove that QZ = QR.
8. If (A + B)[sup]2[/sup] = A[sup]2[/sup] + B[sup]2[/sup] and
9. Find Y. Given
10. Find the Standrard Deviation of the first five natural numbers.
It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge - Enrico Fermi.
Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.