Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-02 13:04:25

MathsIsFun
Administrator

How to Do a Survey

Finished this page: How to Do a Survey

Please let me know what you think (and any problems or suggestions you may have) smile

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#2 2009-01-02 16:29:42

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: How to Do a Survey

The page explains in details the various aspects of survey.
I feel its importance could've been emphasised in a better way,
for example the number of viewers of a particulat television channel or a programme makes it a great deal marketable and the competition to sponsor the the pogramme gets the best offers. Similarly, the creditbility of opinion polls conducted by certain reliable and unbiased agencies have an influence on the electorate. Most of the consumer products are launched in the market after survey on a number of samples. This apart, the advertisement costs in magazines, websites, radio, television channels much depend on survey results. These surveys are accepted as a scientific approach for decision-making.
The page is well designed, covers all the fundamental aspects that need to be known and its contents are are quality stuff. Well done, yet again, MathsIsFun!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2009-01-02 16:48:46

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: How to Do a Survey

Good points ganesh, thanks! I will see if I can mention more about "why surveys are important".

I have another page too: Survey Questions

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer