Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-12 07:28:36

victoria_odhiambo

Ethnicity

How many of you here are AFrican? What about Asian? Ok. South American?

Well I'm AFrican (kenyan to be specific). But I live in the USA

Most people confuse african people to be the same as african - american people and that annoys me sometimes because my heritage isn't the same as african - american's so we shouldn't be lumped toghether. I hope I don't mean to sound racist.

What about Asian's out there? Is there any??? Please tell me about yourslef and your culture. I'll be happy to tell you about mine.

African Culture:

East AFricans (like me) have a high regard for thier elders and cannot talk back to them.
we always listen to our elders and get diciplined when we don't.
Most of us have a high regard for education. Although it's sad that most don't have the opportunity to.:(
I am one of the lucky one's I have that oppurtunity.

AFrican girls and women cook and clean and make sure that thier house is tidy. They mostly do the cooking and cleaning. and wathcing over children.

My mom had 11 siblings. My father had 9 siblings.
well for me. I only have 1.
In african most families on average have 4 kids. per household.
In america that average is about 2 per household.

Africans in general are very consiencous about thier surroundings and always do thier best. But some of them when they
reach america, they think that it's all play and no work.
Most of them end being like african americans who sag thier pants and talk ghetto and braid their hair like girls.
My Family has no tolerence for that kind of behaviour. trust me on that.

well please comment I would love to hear from you.

Tori/Victoria

:d smile

Board footer