Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-07 11:56:03

Chewy

Hi, everyone ! New member Chewy, here :)

Hi,

I would have my name for username, but it was taken. My loving wife calls me Chewy, and so do many of my friends. Long story, maybe I will share it some day ...

Anyway, I LOVE math ! I am currently in college, and had a great time in College Algebra. I am looking forward to my classes this fall, and I like learning about math whenever possible. I must admit, when I first started coming to this forum before registering, I felt a bit intimidated. You all seem so extrememely bright ! My fascination has led me back here over and over.

But I decided to join when Jane helped out a person with a question, and she was very kind and helpful, and I felt that I should join, because I really do feel that math is fun, and I want to learn.

I look forward to reading more. Have a great day all !

Chewy (real name Eric, by the way). "Chewy" works fine though. smile

#2 2008-08-07 13:13:49

careless25
Real Member

Re: Hi, everyone ! New member Chewy, here :)

Hey Chewy!wave
I Love Math too and love learning more about it. I like cryptology too and i apply what i learned in math in cryptology. If you wanna try some ciphers check out my post on them.
Anyways nice to meet ya and see ya around!

#3 2008-08-08 01:23:52

mathsyperson

Welcome to the forum, Chewy!
I'm glad you stayed long enough to see that we're not actually that scary. smile

Why did the vector cross the road?
It wanted to be normal.

#4 2008-08-08 09:05:22

Chewy

Yeah, not that scary at all, actually. I am a babe in the woods compared to all of you regarding math, but thanks for the welcomes regardless.

#5 2008-08-08 09:48:07

MathsIsFun
Administrator

We have masters AND novices here! Welcome!

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer