Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-28 02:54:38

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Inaugural IPL T20

What a grand success the event has been;
The Indian Premier League inaugural edition of Twenty20 has been a tremendous success. Not only has the event made the cricketers worldwide multi-millionaires overnight, it has also been given an overwheming response by the spectators who watch the action live at the stadium and those who stay glued to their television sets.
The league stage is about to be completed,
but the teams qualifying for the knockout stage, namely, the semi-finals are already known.
Who's likely to win?
Warne's magic has done wonders for Rajasthan,
Punjab and Delhi Daredevils are quite strong teams.....
But I pin my hopes on.......

Chennai Superkings

Stepehen Fleming, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Parthiv Patel, Morkel, Murali, Ntini....we do have the star performers with us.

June 01, 2008, Sunday, would decide who's the winner of the inaugural edition of IPL.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#2 2008-05-28 09:31:21

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: Inaugural IPL T20

For those who don't know, "Twenty20" is a modified game of Cricket that takes about as long to complete as a football game (which fits much better with modern day sports viewing habits and seems to be sweeping the world).

For your sake, Ganesh:

"Go Chennai!"

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer