Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#8901 2013-03-06 03:36:24

zetafunc.

Re: Linear Interpolation FP1 Formula

Touched her in her sleep?

#8902 2013-03-06 03:37:09

bobbym
Administrator

Yep, that is what the swine would have done!

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#8903 2013-03-06 03:41:04

zetafunc.

Well that is very inappropriate and signs of an intense pervert and possible rapist...

I took what was offered to me at least.

#8904 2013-03-06 03:48:39

bobbym
Administrator

Yes, but let us imagine that she went to sleep falsely.

A rapist would be someone who after receiving a definite no continued on and forced himself/herself on the other person against their will.

When you begin making overtures to another person you proceed first waiting to see their response. They can allow it or they can reject it. But advances have to be made, there is no other way.

All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#8905 2013-03-06 04:05:01

zetafunc.

Well, it is without their consent.

I wanted to do more but she told me over e-mail that she wanted to remain faithful to her BF so hugs are all I could get.

#8906 2013-03-06 04:12:46

bobbym
Administrator

Well, it is without their consent.

How can anyone know that without trying or asking? Of course there is some risk.

If you knew that in advance then she was extremely wrong to fall asleep on you and where?

#8907 2013-03-06 04:16:02

zetafunc.

You are saying it is perfectly legal to just touch and violate someone in their sleep?

Maybe she was just really tired or is flirtatious with male friends, without the intention of going further. A tease.

#8908 2013-03-06 04:20:50

bobbym
Administrator

Violate is a bad word. I am discussing her behavior. She put herself into a position where being at least pawed was a definite possibility. Were you not in her bedroom? You say she is just a tease? What is so good about a tease?

#8909 2013-03-06 05:55:51

zetafunc.

Well, to me, her sleeping on my shoulder indicated a degree of trust. I did once ask her if she was attracted to me and she said that I was, but I've just caught her at a bad time. It is possible, I think, that through her words and those actions that she did want to lead me on a bit.

#8910 2013-03-06 06:01:57

bobbym
Administrator

What would her bf have thought if he had walked in and seen her sleeping on you?

#8911 2013-03-06 06:05:46

zetafunc.

He would probably not have been happy. Then again, adriana and her BF may have different ideas about what is okay and what is not okay to do with other guys/girls whilst in a relationship.

#8912 2013-03-06 06:09:49

bobbym
Administrator

How about you? You come into her bedroom, there is a guy and she is sleeping on him. Are you happy?

#8913 2013-03-06 06:10:27

zetafunc.

Probably not, and I might question what else they were doing.

#8914 2013-03-06 06:16:32

bobbym
Administrator

Me too. When she says,"nothing happened!" I am going to say, "how would you know, you were sleeping!"

I think she purposely put herself into a situation where she was hoping you would begin and she now would have an excuse for cheating on him. After all, she could blame you.

Judging her behavior you could say everybody makes mistakes and she is only human. That may be fine for God in heaven but this isn't heaven and we are not God. That behavior could cause lots of problems.

#8915 2013-03-06 06:19:27

zetafunc.

Hmm, she could have put the blame on me, yes. In the same way that I am putting the blame on the BF for making adriana change her mind about her sexuality.

So, is adriana truly lost then? I can gain nothing more from encounters with her?

#8916 2013-03-06 06:27:46

bobbym
Administrator

Well, look at it this way. Intimacy is out. Is she contacting you? So friendship is out. What do you hope to gain?

#8917 2013-03-06 06:34:46

zetafunc.

She is not contacting me much anymore because I think she might be wanting to give me space. I have been very closed-off in my replies to her which is one reason for her reduction in e-mail frequency. When I was doing this before, she said that if I want she'll stop bothering me and give me some space and that she'd understand.

If I started e-mailing her frequently again, I think this no-contact business would end, however.

#8918 2013-03-06 06:42:49

bobbym
Administrator

What is this space jazz? Man, she should be an attorney.

This is up to you. If it were me I would run and keep running, she is bad news and a total gameplayer. She is a total dead end and an accident waiting to happen.

One thing I know about people, there is a large chance you will fall for this person. I mean it is over 90%. The worse she treats you and she is treating you badly, the more you are going to want her. The hole you are digging for yourself will take years to get out of.

Is there any plus side to knowing her? That is for you to answer.

Last edited by bobbym (2013-03-06 06:43:31)

#8919 2013-03-06 09:07:46

zetafunc.

What if I just kept her as an acquaintance, someone to talk to, but never met up with her? I did sort of have this experience before, but I was 14. The girl was extremely high-maintenance, but I asked her out and she rejected me (and soon after got a new BF, maybe she was dating him at the time I asked her out, I'm not sure). However, I did start contacting her again a few weeks afterwards, and to date we are still friends. Now I only see her as a friend, and nothing more. Is it not possible that I could turn adriana into a friend, in a similar way to the previous one? My feelings for the other girl were also more powerful. Quite honestly, I do feel that my feelings for adriana are not really that great at present. As long as I just keep telling myself that is has a BF, she is unattainable, and keep drumming that mentality into my head, I'll eventually not want to go out with her at all -- this has worked for me in the past.

#8920 2013-03-06 09:48:35

bobbym
Administrator

If you want to do that then go ahead. I am not trying to make that choice, do whatever you think is best. You, not me has to decide.

Also, sorry for being so blunt about her but I think advice should be truthful and not sugar coated. You know I could be wrong.

#8921 2013-03-08 04:33:30

zetafunc.

We have been talking again, not often, but also not as much as before. Only a handful of e-mails per day this time. I think adriana is turning into just a friend.

There might be a new prospect in my class. I don't know a lot about her (I know she's a mathmo however), she might like me though... (this is the same one that I see walking to school sometimes, you know, the one that took a shortcut) I have her e-mail but she doesn't know that I have it. I got it when my teacher forgot to make it a BCC e-mail once.

Also, there is a problem I have but I'm not sure if it can be solved with a generating function... though it would really help if I could.

#8922 2013-03-08 13:22:13

bobbym
Administrator

Post the problem please, gf's are my specialty.

Go for it!

#8923 2013-03-08 20:28:23

zetafunc.

We talked a bit, she's nice. Likes pure maths, wants to do maths at uni (Leeds). Looks at me quite a lot in lesson.

The problem:

A number with (2n) digits is balanced if the sum of its first n digits and the sum of its last n digits are equal. For example: 1643 is balanced, so is 22 and 125611. A number cannot start with 0.

Show that 70 balanced numbers can be made from 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4.

I usually use a GF for combs/perms problems like these but I'm not sure how to go about setting one up...

#8924 2013-03-08 20:30:56

zetafunc.

I'm also assuming in this problem you can't use a number more than once as then you could just say 1111111111111(...)

#8925 2013-03-08 20:31:03

bobbym
Administrator

Hi;

You might as well approach her and see what happens.

I am working on it.

Board footer