Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#7726 2013-02-09 10:46:14

zetafunc.

Re: Linear Interpolation FP1 Formula

For 6 months apparently.

I don't know why she just doesn't go for me, I am the easiest option.

#7727 2013-02-09 10:47:42

bobbym
Administrator

Since when do thay ever do what is best for themselves? Why do you think they date the people that are bad for them?

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.

I agree with you regarding the satisfaction and importance of actually computing some numbers. I can't tell you how often I see time and money wasted because someone didn't bother to run the numbers.

#7728 2013-02-09 10:48:43

zetafunc.

They must be masochistic.

#7729 2013-02-09 10:54:23

bobbym
Administrator

Yes and self destructive. It can not be helped, that is the way they are. They were like that when I was young.

I agree with you regarding the satisfaction and importance of actually computing some numbers. I can't tell you how often I see time and money wasted because someone didn't bother to run the numbers.

#7730 2013-02-09 11:02:57

zetafunc.

I find it extremely irritating. The attraction between us is there, she is just convincing herself she only likes girls and is for some reason staying committed to some guy thousands of miles away. It makes no sense. Girls don't make sense.

#7731 2013-02-09 11:13:46

bobbym
Administrator

No insult intended but you are only really sure of one thing. That you are attracted to her, you can not be sure of her attraction for you. You will remember I mentioned that they are much better at the dating game than even the best among the guys. It all comes natural to them like it was built in.

Think about it. They are smaller, weaker, slower and most probably in some things not as smart. Yet, they have survived as long as men have. They must have superior abilities in some aspects of life to have competed. They read people better in emotional matters. They are not above using a man's attraction as a means of controlling him.

I suggest, until she has actually proven her worth to you that you do not become fooled by her flirting. That is second nature to them.

#7732 2013-02-10 07:58:44

zetafunc.

I am sure of my attraction to her, yes. I feel more comfortable around her than I did previously. I hope that she is not using my attraction as a means of controlling me, although I can see how this could be working against me. But what do you mean by her proving her worth to me? What would be acceptable?

Also, could you please delete post #7567? Google removes the hyphens... and that other post I talked about, from the 17th of January, is still showing up...

#7733 2013-02-10 08:04:20

bobbym
Administrator

#7567 edited as you requested. Check it to see if what I left is acceptable.

What would be acceptable?

I would say some level of intimacy and commitment.

#7734 2013-02-10 08:06:54

zetafunc.

Thanks that's great, as long as her name isn't there it's fine.

What level of intimacy? I think I might be able to kiss her, because apparently she played truth or dare with a group of older men last night and they dared her to make out with her best (female) friend for 10 seconds, and they did (they were in a relationship before so it made it easier, apparently). But I do not know for sure. She doesn't react negatively to me touching her body though.

#7735 2013-02-10 08:12:49

bobbym
Administrator

I basically am from Alabama which is close to Missouri, the show me state. Everything she has done so far I would still consider just being flirty. Usually that means someone who does not deliver, a tease is the correct name.

As I have said before, caution is indicated until her motives are made clear.

#7736 2013-02-10 08:15:40

zetafunc.

I do consider what she is doing as a bit of a tease but I am unsure of how to force the issue.

#7737 2013-02-10 08:17:37

bobbym
Administrator

You can not. The only thing you can do is keep your own head clear. Keep emotions out of it. If she is playing games then that is what she is waiting for.

#7738 2013-02-10 08:30:37

zetafunc.

I don't know how much longer I can do this for, however. My feelings for her get slightly stronger whenever I visit, I feel.

#7739 2013-02-10 08:34:33

bobbym
Administrator

Yep, but absence will not weaken those feelings.

#7740 2013-02-10 08:38:22

zetafunc.

Total absence usually did that for me...

...except, I do not want to do that, because I would lose a friend at the same time. It is nice to talk to someone about how your day went each day, but without the annoying persistence and weirdness that came with H.

#7741 2013-02-10 08:41:02

bobbym
Administrator

Then you will have to persevere and wait.

#7742 2013-02-10 08:42:02

zetafunc.

I only have about 4 months left. I cannot wait for long...

#7743 2013-02-10 09:03:15

bobbym
Administrator

4 months is an eternity.

#7744 2013-02-10 09:05:52

zetafunc.

A month has gone by pretty quickly for me.

I just have a horrible feeling that if I don't force the issue I could miss out on something. But if I force the issue I am just being toyed with.

#7745 2013-02-10 09:07:41

bobbym
Administrator

Miss out on what? She is the one wasting time.

#7746 2013-02-10 09:10:47

zetafunc.

Intimacy, that may actually mean something.

My plan was to wait until she broke up with the BF and then say something like "why don't you try being my GF for a bit, just to see how it goes". But there are lots of flaws to this plan.

#7747 2013-02-10 09:16:47

bobbym
Administrator

The first flaw is that she is using a guy who is in Cyprus as a shield to prevent you from getting any closer.

#7748 2013-02-10 09:19:57

zetafunc.

That is not the only shield. She is also using her apparent lesbianism, too.

#7749 2013-02-10 09:22:46

bobbym
Administrator

Yes, which is apparently ridiculous based on some of her actions.

#7750 2013-02-10 09:27:14

zetafunc.

Apparently her past two relationships (one with the Cyprus BF, and the other with her female best friend) were both caused by them suddenly kissing her, with her not expecting it.

That is another thing, if I ever did get into a relationship with her, I don't know if I would like her going to parties playing truth or dare with other guys.

Board footer