Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#7201 2013-01-28 23:59:23

bobbym
Administrator

Re: Linear Interpolation FP1 Formula

That is up to you, it is difficult to figure. Some decisions you will have to make on your own without advice.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#7202 2013-01-29 00:06:50

zetafunc.

At the moment she is asking me if I won't see her unless she is single. I'd prefer it if she was single.

All I know is that I don't like this, I'd prefer it if she just didn't see this guy in Cyprus at all. At this rate I'd have to wait a whole month for her, for an outcome that is not even close to being a certainty.

#7203 2013-01-29 00:11:45

bobbym
Administrator

Tell her how you feel about it.

All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#7204 2013-01-29 00:22:37

zetafunc.

Or I could just find another girl.

#7205 2013-01-29 00:40:42

bobbym
Administrator

Yes, you could but most likely she will be similar in many ways.

#7206 2013-01-29 00:58:16

zetafunc.

She will also claim to prefer women, but have a long distance boyfriend she has not seen for 6 months living in a country 1000 miles away, then say she likes me but then make me wait and wait and wait?

I suppose it is possible...

I haven't e-mailed adriana yet.

#7207 2013-01-29 01:03:33

bobbym
Administrator

We did talk about the possibility that she is just playing games. If you bail out it may save lots of suffering but you will always wonder whether she was for real or not.

You have a tough choice.

I am going to get some sleep, see you later.

#7208 2013-01-29 04:41:56

zetafunc.

She said this:

"Okay. I can't give you what you want so I think that's best. You really are wonderful and maybe under different circumstances.. I'm sorry. I would love for you to still come over this weekend :)"

I highly doubt I will still come over on the weekend, but this also does feel like a bit of a relief, I can consider other girls again.

#7209 2013-01-29 05:54:16

anonimnystefy
Real Member

Hi zf.

I am well. Thanks for asking.

I do not follow this thread much. What ever happened with C?

“Here lies the reader who will never open this book. He is forever dead.

“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment

#7210 2013-01-29 05:59:29

zetafunc.

I asked C out in mid-July and she rejected me. Sent her a text or two in August asking how her results day went/if she's okay etc. and she didn't respond, so I just said, forget this. Haven't spoken to her since.

#7211 2013-01-29 08:11:45

bobbym
Administrator

Hi;

That may be the best idea. Maybe it will cause her to make a decision about her bf.

#7212 2013-01-29 08:13:54

zetafunc.

bobbym wrote:

Hi;

That may be the best idea. Maybe it will cause her to make a decision about her bf.

This thought did enter my mind, although the converse could happen too (she could say, oh, zetafunc is no longer a potential, I'd better stay with my boyfriend as I have no one else to go to). I'll wait to see how it unfolds, but for now, the ball is in her court and I'm not contacting her anymore.

#7213 2013-01-29 08:21:56

bobbym
Administrator

That is your choice but I would not cut her off completely.

#7214 2013-01-29 08:27:22

zetafunc.

I plan to contact her rarely (if she responds) and try not to create conversation. But if she tells me she's broken up with her BF then I'll start again, weather the storm for a few days, then try to go straight in again. But this girl is clearly very indecisive, so in my opinion, that won't happen, she will likely try to make her relationship with that guy work.

#7215 2013-01-29 08:33:04

anonimnystefy
Real Member

zetafunc. wrote:

I asked C out in mid-July and she rejected me. Sent her a text or two in August asking how her results day went/if she's okay etc. and she didn't respond, so I just said, forget this. Haven't spoken to her since.

Sorry to hear that.

So, who's the new girl?

“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment

#7216 2013-01-29 08:34:33

bobbym
Administrator

I agree, I do not even think thast guy really exists. I just thought you should keep some contact to let her know she has not bothered you with her games.

#7217 2013-01-29 08:44:15

zetafunc.

anonimnystefy wrote:
zetafunc. wrote:

Sorry to hear that.

So, who's the new girl?

It's okay, interestingly both our names are listed for a science trip at the Royal Society, I might bump into her there.

The new girl, in a nutshell, claims she has an exclusive preference for women, yet has a long-distance relationship with a guy thousands of miles away whom she keeps saying she'll break up with (but doesn't), and says she finds me attractive too and would love to be with me if she wasn't faithful to her BF. And has some mental issues. Just one big unsorted bowl of spaghetti.

bobbym wrote:

I agree, I do not even think thast guy really exists. I just thought you should keep some contact to let her know she has not bothered you with her games.

I'd like to believe that but I saw a photo of her with some guy on a beach, probably in Cyprus. Her descriptions of her interactions with him also sound a little strange to have made up (such as performing for him on cam every weekend), but I suppose anything is possible.

#7218 2013-01-29 08:48:21

bobbym
Administrator

Why would someone drop a person who is right there in favor of a guy who is essentially out of touch except by webcam?

#7219 2013-01-29 08:50:10

zetafunc.

bobbym wrote:

Why would someone drop a person who is right there in favor of a guy who is essentially out of touch except by webcam?

I was going to ask her that but thought it might have been too insulting since I don't really know much about their history (how long they've been together). But I do agree, seems silly, especially at this age when teenagers are often inclined to experiment.

#7220 2013-01-29 09:00:48

bobbym
Administrator

Whatever their past could possibly be, I do not think there is any future unless she is moving or he is.

Nice to know that although times change, music changes, haircuts change but people never do.

#7221 2013-01-29 09:04:17

zetafunc.

I agree. She admitted to me she didn't want a relationship with him anymore and now it's looking like what she said was a complete load of rubbish.

#7222 2013-01-29 09:06:42

bobbym
Administrator

Find someone else.

#7223 2013-01-29 09:08:10

anonimnystefy
Real Member

zetafunc. wrote:
bobbym wrote:

I was going to ask her that but thought it might have been too insulting since I don't really know much about their history (how long they've been together). But I do agree, seems silly, especially at this age when teenagers are often inclined to experiment.

So, a different with an overseas boyfriend... You sure can pick 'em!

The whole long-distance relationship seems like a big experiment...

#7224 2013-01-29 09:10:56

zetafunc.

I'll start looking again in due course, this girl has drained me with her 300 e-mails in the past 4 days. That is even more than H I think.

#7225 2013-01-29 09:14:47

bobbym
Administrator

300 emails! Sounds like a movie. All that just to break off, she should write a book instead.

Board footer