Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ π -

Login

Username

Password

Not registered yet?

#7151 2013-01-28 01:48:03

zetafunc.

Re: Linear Interpolation FP1 Formula

I am just thinking, I would not like to be that guy in Cyprus being strung along by a 1000 mile-long string.

#7152 2013-01-28 01:51:54

bobbym
Administrator

Cheating is widespread. You will have to deal with it in every relationship from now on.

Remember what you have learned, serve you it can-Yoda

A good maxim is "Hope for the best and expect the worst!"

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#7153 2013-01-28 09:50:29

zetafunc.

Okay, some progress I think.

I've learned more about the situation with her boyfriend. She said that she definitely does not want a relationship with him, and that she's been wanting to break up with him for a while but has been waiting to tell him in person when she goes to Cyprus in the next couple of weeks. That's the reason she hasn't broken up with him yet, apparently.

She also admits that she finds me attractive and wants to get to know me more too. She says she thought she only prefers girls, but in terms of physical attraction, she mentioned that I have a small build and she likes it, so she says she's beginning to think she prefers both genders but perhaps with a slight preference for girls.

#7154 2013-01-28 09:52:52

bobbym
Administrator

How will you know that breakup has actually happened?

All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#7155 2013-01-28 10:09:49

zetafunc.

Well, I can't possibly know for certain. All I can do is trust that she is telling the truth. How else can I be certain? I cannot go all the way to Cyprus with her.

#7156 2013-01-28 10:11:57

bobbym
Administrator

It probably will not matter whether she does unless he makes a trip to England.

#7157 2013-01-28 10:21:32

zetafunc.

Yeah, I was thinking about that, which is why I confirmed with adriana whether or not it was her going to him, or him going to her. I didn't want him to come to London. But from the sounds of it she doesn't really like the guy that much, she's just afraid of his reaction when she breaks up with him. She says she'd much rather be with me.

#7158 2013-01-28 10:27:23

bobbym
Administrator

Yes, him thousands of miles away is best. I am going to take about a half hour break becuase I am hungry. See you then.

#7159 2013-01-28 10:29:09

zetafunc.

Okay, see you later.

#7160 2013-01-28 10:43:13

bobbym
Administrator

I have the soup made I just will be a little slow posting replies.

#7161 2013-01-28 10:53:18

zetafunc.

That is okay, have you recovered yet?

#7162 2013-01-28 10:54:31

bobbym
Administrator

I thought I did but I had to go shopping yesterday and had a small relapse. Only lasted a couple of hours.

#7163 2013-01-28 10:56:46

zetafunc.

So you are fine now?

#7164 2013-01-28 10:58:26

bobbym
Administrator

Almost, except for the surgery. That still bothers me but no more migraine.

#7165 2013-01-29 02:13:39

zetafunc.

I am sorry to hear that. I hope the pain passes soon. My mother is suffering from damage to her teeth but probably not as serious as yours, although she did have to have surgery.

Today I ran into a girl I hadn't seen for a couple of years. I used to have a crush on her 5 years ago but she rejected me. However, when I ran into her, we were both 17/18 and we'd both matured a bit more. She wasn't flirty but she did talk a lot about her life, how her now school was, and how this boy she liked treated her like rubbish. So I comforted her, and we just talked about relationships and things like that. She waited with me for my bus in the rain, and when I had to go she hugged me tight and said she'd love to catch up again sometime, and we exchanged numbers. I really was not expecting this kind of encounter today, just out of nowhere...

#7166 2013-01-29 06:34:24

bobbym
Administrator

Like rubbish? She must be in heaven.

#7167 2013-01-29 06:36:58

zetafunc.

She was talking about him to me while we walked. I don't know, I guess we are just friends who never got the chance to meet up properly, we used to talk every day a number of years ago through online chat but not much thereafter.

As for adriana we're still talking plenty, at least 30 e-mails per day. And still a fair amount of light flirting.

#7168 2013-01-29 06:40:34

bobbym
Administrator

Seems like you have a lot on your plate. Careful you do not over indulge.

#7169 2013-01-29 06:41:05

zetafunc.

What do you mean?

#7170 2013-01-29 06:46:56

bobbym
Administrator

Looks like adriana is going to demand much of your time. She also feels like the jealous type.

#7171 2013-01-29 06:52:30

zetafunc.

Yes, that is a bit of a concern. But really, I think I can afford that for the time being. I have a definite place to read maths at a good university close to home. The only way that would be stopped is if it burnt down, in which case I am also guaranteed a place at another great uni.

She's not really eating into my leisure time, because I don't often do much anyway...

#7172 2013-01-29 06:54:07

bobbym
Administrator

Okay, you know best.

You like to go there and stay in the math section?

#7173 2013-01-29 06:58:13

zetafunc.

You mean in their library? You have to be a student there to do that, unfortunately I'm not a student yet so I can't... it's in central London so there are lots of bookstores around there (not exactly cheap though). I did join the UCL maths society online though, but then I got an e-mail telling me to go away because I do not even go to UCL.

#7174 2013-01-29 06:58:53

zetafunc.

Admittedly UCL's maths building is not that good, it is sort of fudged with the student union and pretty claustrophobic. The people are nice though and it's a clean environment.

#7175 2013-01-29 06:59:37

bobbym
Administrator

They will not even let visitors in the library?

Board footer