Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-08 09:26:34

ericnumberking

Are these any good?

So I've seen a few of these sites for Algebra like:

Math papa
Study Pug
Tutor

I would love to get some extra help right now but I'm not sure if these sites are trust worthy.

Has anyone tried them?

Also please PM if you are offering like Skype or online lessons. Just need to improve my Algebra and get my credits.

#2 2018-02-08 20:42:49

bob bundy
Administrator

Re: Are these any good?

hi ericnumberking

I don't have any direct experience of these so I've had a look at each.  Study Pug has some free lessons so you could trial it yourself. 

How did you arrive at this forum?  Maybe you bypassed our very own teaching pages.  The owner of the site, MathsIsFun, himself,  has  written a large number of maths help pages.  They cover most topics up to calculus and each page is cross linked to related pages.  There are many interactive lessons and all are written in an easy to follow style with clear diagrams and explanations.  At the bottom of each page you will find a set of multi-choice questions to test your understanding.  As an retired teacher I think these pages are excellent!  And they're completely FREE.  So before you commit money to any on-line course, why not try out MIF's own material.

Start here: http://www.mathsisfun.com/

And you can also ask for help from members of the forum. smile

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei

Board footer