Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#151 2015-05-18 08:15:12

math9maniac

Re: What does the future hold in store for mankind and the world?

From what I personally know about Jehovah's Witnesses,they are very nice people. They are extremely kind and generous and are always ready to share and help out. They have great love and respect for people. They are entirely neat persons too.
One thing I like about them is that they don't force people to accept their beliefs. None of their publications or literature seeks to do that. They always leave the final decision with the reader.

They are Christians who follow Christ Jesus and base their teachings and beliefs on God's Word the Bible.

Only a friend tells you your face is dirty.

#152 2015-05-18 08:54:33

David

Don't really agree with you. JWs have the highest turn over of any religion, strict shunning when you left the watchtower is not love. The Holy Spirit is not an active force like what the JWs believe, he is a gentleman. Our God never force anyone to love him, but the JWs are criticising all other denomination. The elders are like the Pharisees that labeled the work of the spirit as the work of satan. All things are forgivable, but blaspheming the Holy Spirit is not. I believe Jesus is not Michael. The JWs believe only 144000 have a personal relationship with Jesus, and the rest don't. Why? Why is Jesus the Lord? Why Jesus never say: "The Lord rebuke you" but Michael did? How did Michael an angle, became a man then a angle again? Are we not created in the image of God? Are we not consist of the body, soul and spirit?

Last edited by David (2015-05-19 02:18:18)

His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed.

#153 2015-05-18 11:19:16

math9maniac

David;
you say you've never been to the JWs place of worship (the Kingdom Hall) or met any of them in Malaysia. From where did you hear about the Watch Tower, 144000. Could you indicate your source?
Pls what do you mean by 'strict shunning when you left the watchtower'?

#154 2015-05-18 13:27:29

David

The fruit of the spirit is my source. This organisation had broken a lot of friendship and families, I do not call that love. I have studied every single religion from paganism, Buddhism, Hinduism, islam, Christianity and Judaism. The only religion that I could sense God's love and presence is Christianity. Christianity is not a religion, it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Jehovah's Witness is not Christian in anyway, they are like islam. When you left the watchtower, you have to be prepared to be shunned and hated. My source is the bible and the fruit of the spirit.

Last edited by David (2015-05-18 13:41:40)

His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed.

#155 2015-05-18 17:27:21

bobbym
bumpkin

You are correct in noticing that some of those are a way of life and therefore different from Christianity.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#156 2015-05-18 17:49:08

math9maniac

Hi David;
So the Bible and the fruit of the spirit are your sources. Can you tell me which part of the Bible says this about JWs? So you heard about the Watch Tower too from the Bible? Which quotation please?
Do you personally know anyone who was treated that way by the whole organization of Jehovah's Witnesses (not by an individual JW)?

#157 2015-05-18 18:02:23

math9maniac

The JWs way of life, as it were, is an imitation of Jesus', while he was on earth, and that of his disciples too.

They preach like Jesus and his disciples did in the first century AD. In fact, every Christian is obliged to do that. Jesus instructed so himself at Matthew 24:14; 28:19, 20.
On the night before he died, Jesus instituted the Lord's Evening Meal, and commanded his followers to "keep doing this in remembrance of him" as recorded in Luke 22:19, 20. Jehovah's Witnesses commemorate this each year, inviting millions around the world to join them. This is an important event that no one should ever miss, besides that is the only feast Jesus instructed his followers to have.
Like Jesus, they hold the Bible in high esteem, regarding it as God's Word and in every way true. (John 17:17).
They abstain from politics as did the Lord Jesus (John 6:15).
They have great love among themselves which Jesus said at John 13:34, 35 would characterise his true followers.

All their way of life depicts an imitation of Jesus-the founder of Christianity-in every way, why can't we call them Christians too.

#158 2015-05-19 00:20:01

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

What if both of you are wrong?

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#159 2015-05-19 02:17:53

bobbym
bumpkin

Remember the elephant.

#160 2015-05-19 02:20:54

David

Agnishom wrote:

Romans 3:4
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

#161 2015-05-19 02:37:42

David

Math9maniac;

The bible did not foretell of any watchtower organisation that would be Jehovah's people. Nor did it foretell the organisation having the authorities of Jehovah. Jesus came to Earth and after he was resurrected there wasn't a true Church for 1900 years until a 'prophet' named Charles Taze Russel came along, believed that his interpretation of the Bible was right, and that God had liked his interpretation, and made it the true one, therefore establishing Jehovah's Witnesses. Does this make any sense to you?

JWs believe that Jehovah is God's name, but the letter 'j' doesn't exist in Hebrew, Latin and Greek. In fact, the letter J didn't even exist in the English language until the 16th century. So how did Jehovah come from? My God's name is YWHW. So God's name is YWHW(Yahweh), and Jesus, Yeshua means Yahweh saves, why?

#162 2015-05-19 02:39:23

David

math9maniac wrote:

Hi David;
Do you personally know anyone who was treated that way by the whole organization of Jehovah's Witnesses (not by an individual JW)?

I do not. However, that individual JW who shunned others was the elder.

#163 2015-05-19 03:03:38

David

Jehovah's Witness (the organisation, watchtower, JWs) believes that Jesus came to the Earth invisibly and walked among the churches in spirit form. After he had conducted a careful study of the churches, he determined that the only people that worship YWHW purely are the JWs. He then proceeded to replace the Jews as his chosen people with the JWs. This is not what the bible teaches.

JW's are not considered Christian by other Christians because they reject the Trinity - the idea that Jesus was both man, and God.

They use their own translation of the Bible, and while is is almost exactly the same, there are 5 or 6 places where the wording is very slightly different. However, they place a great deal of doctrine on these places, which goes in a completely different direction than most Christians accept.

However, in many ways, they are better than most of us, they live their faith daily, not just for an hour on a Sunday They believe they are Christians, and cal themselves that, even if others do not. I do admire their commitment to their faith, but I cannot accept their translation of the Bible, nor where they go with it.

#164 2015-05-19 03:15:02

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

David wrote:
Agnishom wrote:

Romans 3:4
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Meaning???

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'

#165 2015-05-19 03:18:48

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

bobbym wrote:

Remember the elephant.

Yep. I am skipping through most of the posts here, though

#166 2015-05-19 03:48:01

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi math9maniac;

What faith do you belong to, if I may ask?

#167 2015-05-19 03:52:39

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

I think I am an weak anti-platonist

#168 2015-05-19 03:54:46

David

Psalm 51:4
Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

#169 2015-05-19 03:56:10

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Sorry, David. This quotes are flying over my head.

#170 2015-05-19 03:57:08

David

I want you to ask yourself this question, have you sinned? Are you perfect?

Last edited by David (2015-05-19 03:57:21)

#171 2015-05-19 03:58:49

bobbym
bumpkin

According to my earlier religion, we come into the world with a sin.

#172 2015-05-19 04:03:15

David

A sin that came from the first man, and that goes with the last man.

#173 2015-05-19 04:05:28

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

David wrote:

I want you to ask yourself this question, have you sinned? Are you perfect?

I am not perfect.

I have sinned. I stole some voice files from Sw's pen drive.

#174 2015-05-19 04:05:58

David

According to you, you are in a playground and that God had provided you everything to play in the field. You live in a dream within a dream.

#175 2015-05-19 04:07:57

bobbym
bumpkin

Earth is not a playground.

Board footer