Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#251 2012-12-30 03:01:40

scientia

Re: New mathematic on english

Interesting. I didn't know that. smile

#252 2012-12-30 03:06:01

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi;

Newton was a towering genius and it is hard to imagine that he was capable of any humility. That is why although he was always my hero, I tend to believe the negative viewpoint about him.

Also interesting, is that the bulk of Newton's work in alchemy and related fields is largely unknown.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#253 2012-12-30 06:24:27

bobbym wrote:

On the lighter side, here in the good ole USA if anyone called me a humanoid monkey I would clobber him with my bunch of ripe bananas.

I already explained to you that meant people who have no thoughts and strangers use only and speak: "And I so think". Actually they don't think in any way and only repeat. Therefore I used sense of expression: "Repeats as a monkey". I offended nobody by it, I simply established the fact. And the fact can't offend the normal person.

"The conditions imposed on functions, become a source of difficulties which will manage to be avoided only by means of new researches about the principles of integral calculus"

Thomas Ioannes Stiltes. ...                                                 I made it!

#254 2012-12-30 06:26:36

bobbym
bumpkin

I have to disagree. You are wrong to call anyone a monkey. Even if he is. Politeness demands we be tactful.

#255 2012-12-30 06:31:25

bobbym wrote:

Hmmmm, I do not see how you can ever progress relying solely on your input. Unless you are Isaac Newton there is and always will be many people smarter than you are. In your case, some of them are on this forum.

This private matter of everyone. Only Newton didn't finish the research of the Binomial by this formula, and I finished:

newton.jpg

"The conditions imposed on functions, become a source of difficulties which will manage to be avoided only by means of new researches about the principles of integral calculus"

Thomas Ioannes Stiltes. ...                                                 I made it!

#256 2012-12-30 06:34:04

scientia wrote:
bobbym wrote:

Unless you are Isaac Newton there is and always will be many people smarter than you are.

And even Isaac Newton himself admitted that there were people smarter than he was – giants on whose shoulders he stood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_o … _of_giants

I don't see in it for myself problems. Maybe you have with it a problem but at me isn't present.

Last edited by 21122012 (2012-12-30 06:34:45)

#257 2012-12-30 06:35:03

bobbym
bumpkin

There you go inventing your own notation and never answering a question.
This is not a blog, this a forum, You can not talk to yourself here. I have asked you a question, what is isomerous space?

#258 2012-12-30 06:39:47

bobbym wrote:

I have to disagree. You are wrong to call anyone a monkey. Even if he is. Politeness demands we be tactful.

You really don't understand me or you pretend that you don't understand to cause to me aggression of many people? I told you that I use sense of expression "repeats as a monkey".

#259 2012-12-30 06:45:38

bobbym
bumpkin

Well, it looks like you are going to continue to insult as many people as you can.

I have asked you the same question 5 times as did other members. You just want to go on about monkeys and who acts like them.

Since no one else will now post to you and I am through, this thread is closed.

Board footer