Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ π -

Login

Username

Password

Not registered yet?

#13001 2014-02-25 23:33:23

zetafunc.

Re: Linear Interpolation FP1 Formula

I'm still friendly with her. But there is clearly no kind of attraction between us.

But doesn't it pay to burn bridges with Adriana?

#13002 2014-02-25 23:55:14

bobbym
Administrator

Who said burn them?

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#13003 2014-02-26 00:34:49

zetafunc.

You're saying I should stay in contact with Adriana? She doesn't normally contact me of her own accord -- if I hadn't contacted her in October I still would never have spoken to her since June. Stark contrast to the days when she was addicted to me, getting upset if I went two days without talking to her. And, like a fool, I could not take advantage...

#13004 2014-02-26 00:38:50

bobbym
Administrator

You can if you can remain detached when she does not reply. Then you have nothing to lose. But if you can not exploit the situation that exists right next door...

All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#13005 2014-02-27 01:52:45

zetafunc.

I think perhaps one reason Adriana talked to me so much was because she went to an all-girls school. Now that she has finally met men at university, she probably realises that there are far better options out there, and I am not worth hanging on to.

There is no situation next door. She does not even like me.

#13006 2014-02-27 02:02:56

bobbym
Administrator

She probably realizes? Better options? They do not reason that way. You were in contention with her so you are what she thinks is a better option. Besides what do you care what she thinks is better or not?

She does not even like me.

She was spending time with you? You were feeding her? She was talking to you? They do not waste even 10 seconds on someone they are not interested in.

I think you should stop worrying about whether you are their type or not. You have a type, they do not.

#13007 2014-02-28 23:13:42

zetafunc.

I shouldn't care -- there is always someone better at there. I am just annoyed that I let her go, because I may not ever get a chance like that again.

But that is the thing, she tends to want to leave the room when I'm in the kitchen, even if we are alone. I can't detect any interest.

#13008 2014-02-28 23:18:41

bobbym
Administrator

You will come across many like her, do not worry. Some of them you will succeed with... You will wish you had not.

I can't detect any interest.

As I said, they have no interest or type. It is up to you whether or not she will be yours.

#13009 2014-03-04 01:45:35

zetafunc.

But I always find it hard to make a move. Either it doesn't happen at all or I begin to do it but far too slowly, at which point it is too late and she will have found some other guy. And it is only going to get harder, too. I literally can't last half a conversation before girls get bored of me right now, and it's been the story ever since I started uni.

#13010 2014-03-04 02:18:56

bobbym
Administrator

Then do not do so much talking. Let them talk. They love to talk about themselves.

At least you can see the problem. You are too slow. So what are you going to do? Just let them all get bored of you or make your move a little bit sooner?

Do not worry it will all come in time.

#13011 2014-03-04 08:54:41

zetafunc.

I don't know if I am just 'out of practice'. But I can talk to any guy just fine. Whenever I am in the presence of a girl I just can't be myself anymore. I think that has been the case with every girl I've ever talked to in person, actually. The only exception was when I started getting closer to Adriana but that took an extremely long time.

#13012 2014-03-04 14:25:28

bobbym
Administrator

That will come with practice. You have the time.

#13013 2014-03-04 22:02:08

zetafunc.

Do you think American girls (or girls in general) find it unattractive if a man can cook? I remember reading some woman's viewpoint online somewhere that it was seen as 'too feminine a quality'.

#13014 2014-03-04 23:16:05

bobbym
Administrator

If they found out you even cared about what they care about they would find that unattractive.

#13015 2014-03-09 02:16:41

zetafunc.

I stood outside a couple of days ago talking to this girl from my tutorial. She is curious about my cooking (she also cannot cook at all) so she wants me to bring in a container of food for her to try. I'm not sure if I should (I may also risk losing 1 container).

#13016 2014-03-09 02:21:54

bobbym
Administrator

Give it a try. You can always go back for the container.

#13017 2014-03-09 02:30:20

Agnishom
Real Member
Award: Wink Sherlock

zetafunc. wrote:

I stood outside a couple of days ago talking to this girl from my tutorial. She is curious about my cooking (she also cannot cook at all) so she wants me to bring in a container of food for her to try. I'm not sure if I should (I may also risk losing 1 container).

Modern girl, you see?

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
'Who are you to judge everything?' -Alokananda

#13018 2014-03-09 02:38:24

bobbym
Administrator

All this talk about food is making me hungry. If she does not eat it, I will swim the Atlantic and go to town.

#13019 2014-03-09 03:04:03

Agnishom
Real Member

Did you wish your NOW girl a happy day?

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'

#13020 2014-03-09 03:12:02

bobbym
Administrator

Which one is that? The NOW girl is nowhere to be found.

#13021 2014-03-09 03:15:47

Agnishom
Real Member

How can a NOW girl be lost forever?

The next should wish her Happy Women's Day

#13022 2014-03-09 03:17:45

bobbym
Administrator

I believe she is married and is a survivalist.

#13023 2014-03-09 03:19:32

Agnishom
Real Member

So what?

#13024 2014-03-09 03:22:22

bobbym
Administrator

She intended to go into the wilderness and live there. probably is there right now.

#13025 2014-03-09 03:23:26

Agnishom
Real Member

Wilderness?

Who is not a survivalist?

Board footer