Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ π -

Login

Username

Password

Not registered yet?

#8151 2013-02-19 06:47:34

zetafunc.

Re: Linear Interpolation FP1 Formula

Her birthday is this Friday too, but she is spending it in Barcelona so I won't get to see her. She's also coming back and going to the strip club over the weekend I think. Says a guy is going to buy her a free lapdance so she's all for it.

#8152 2013-02-19 07:32:49

bobbym
Administrator

Sounds like she has a busy schedule.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#8153 2013-02-19 08:08:05

zetafunc.

Yep. It is a wonder how she still finds time for me.

#8154 2013-02-19 08:08:50

bobbym
Administrator

She may not be able to so do not mention that to her.

I am forced to go shopping , I have no food in here. I will see you later.

Last edited by bobbym (2013-02-19 08:15:39)

All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#8155 2013-02-19 08:54:26

zetafunc.

Okay, see you later.

#8156 2013-02-19 21:34:00

zetafunc.

I talked to Hannah yesterday and found out that the furthest she has been with a guy is kissing one, but she is very particular about guys and is waiting for the right one (and hasn't met him yet)...

#8157 2013-02-20 02:44:41

bobbym
Administrator

Hi;

It is her prerogative to behave like that but someone should tell she most likely will never find "the right one."

#8158 2013-02-20 07:47:00

zetafunc.

I agree. I no longer adopt that attitude, for the most part.

I went to the lecture today, Brian Cox was also being awarded the Michael Faraday prize at the venue. Despite getting there an hour and a half early, the line was very, very long! I should have known, he is essentially a celebrity. We had to go sit in an 'overflow room' (where we saw him on a video screen instead) but it was great, he gave a very inspiring talk. The highlight of our day however was not just that -- on our way down there, we ran into some crazy guy who claimed to have found a means for perpetual motion (involving four laser beams...) and said he was going to talk to Brian Cox and ask him about it, and give him a piece of paper with his 'solution' on it. Thankfully he did not get into the main hall so couldn't ask any questions (he went into the overflow room with us). What a weirdo. It was very high-profile though, apparently there were many leading physicists in the audience including past Faraday prize winners. People had camping chairs out in the queue.

I didn't see C there at all, though. She definitely didn't come, I walked around the whole line (my friends saved my spot in the queue). I wonder why...

#8159 2013-02-20 11:09:17

bobbym
Administrator

Sounds like a nice lecture and it was even better because C was replaced by the weirdo.

#8160 2013-02-20 18:47:51

zetafunc.

Yes, that's true... I cannot help but think she saw my name on the list and decided not to go, though.

#8161 2013-02-20 22:30:13

bobbym
Administrator

That is possible. Is there anything you could have done about that?

#8162 2013-02-20 22:40:35

zetafunc.

Most probably no, but I could have phoned her up the night before and asked her if she was going and arranged to meet up with the rest of my friends.

#8163 2013-02-20 22:45:00

bobbym
Administrator

I was not serious there. There was nothing you can do.

#8164 2013-02-20 22:46:59

zetafunc.

Yes, that is true.

adriana should be coming back today but she said she would be arriving during the night and, if what she said was correct, is leaving for Barcelona tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll get the chance to speak to her this evening.

#8165 2013-02-20 22:48:31

bobbym
Administrator

Did you ever find the reason for her trip to Barcelona?

#8166 2013-02-20 22:51:21

zetafunc.

I assumed it was just a holiday trip for her birthday... many of my friends do things like that.

#8167 2013-02-20 22:52:26

bobbym
Administrator

But you do not even know if her parents or someone else is going with her.

#8168 2013-02-20 22:55:45

zetafunc.

I think you have to be 18 or over to get on a plane by yourself/without an adult over here. Given that on Feb 21st she will still be 17, she must be taking an adult.

If her parents are split up, then maybe her Mother went with her to Cyprus while her Father will take her to Barcelona for her birthday...

#8169 2013-02-20 22:59:05

bobbym
Administrator

Hmmmm. That is a fair amount of surmising. It could be incorrect.

#8170 2013-02-20 23:00:20

zetafunc.

Yes. But I guess it's not that important. I am already starting to think less and less about adriana and she has only been gone a week. Almost as if, I don't care about her anymore...

#8171 2013-02-20 23:00:43

zetafunc.

*don't care about her in a romantic sense, I mean.

#8172 2013-02-20 23:10:59

bobbym
Administrator

That is good, obsessing over them is never a good idea. When you see her then think about and enjoy her company, if you want. When she is not there you should not think about her. You can see this is just an obvious extension of detachment.

#8173 2013-02-20 23:12:54

zetafunc.

My only worry is that when I see her again, I will feel nothing; and if there is an opportunity, then I might be unwilling to take it as a result.

#8174 2013-02-20 23:16:17

bobbym
Administrator

You have make some decision about how you are going to deal with intimacy vs feelings.

#8175 2013-02-20 23:26:45

zetafunc.

I am hoping I can do the former without the latter, but as I am inexperienced, I do not know if I can.

Board footer