Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ π -

Login

Username

Password

Not registered yet?

#6326 2012-11-03 00:14:25

ShivamS

Re: Linear Interpolation FP1 Formula

Where is the link? I would love to go there.

I have discovered a truly marvellous signature, which this margin is too narrow to contain. -Fermat
Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world. -Archimedes
Young man, in mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. - Neumann

#6327 2012-11-03 00:14:46

bobbym
Administrator

Yes, definitely a I am busy for the next century type gal. It is up to you whether you wan to pursue or drop her. Just remember do not exceed the 3 time limit. No one is worth more than that.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#6328 2012-11-03 00:18:35

zetafunc.

Okay, so I just need to ask her at some point, then...

#6329 2012-11-03 00:19:49

bobbym
Administrator

Yes, but do not expect anything good. That is in my opinion a long shot.

All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#6330 2012-11-03 00:20:52

zetafunc.

Why?

I guess I can just pencil in number 10 then.

#6331 2012-11-03 00:50:17

bobbym
Administrator

Because she is obviously too busy with her own interests to share any time with anyone else.

#6332 2012-11-03 01:11:01

ShivamS

Perhaps you should focus on one girl....

I have discovered a truly marvellous signature, which this margin is too narrow to contain. -Fermat
Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world. -Archimedes
Young man, in mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. - Neumann

#6333 2012-11-03 01:11:56

zetafunc.

Do you think she is perhaps asexual?

#6334 2012-11-03 01:13:30

ShivamS

Imagine if those females visited this forum and read your posts.

#6335 2012-11-03 01:15:00

zetafunc.

If they did visit, it would scare me, because then they will know my next move. Sometimes, I wonder if F visited this forum. She sat this same exam as me and may have also been wondering about the linear interpolation formula.

#6336 2012-11-03 01:16:52

ShivamS

True. And this website/forum is fairly popular. You can easily find it by searching for "math forum" on AltaVista or Google. Also, would it not offend them that you are sharing their emails online?

#6337 2012-11-03 01:17:26

bobbym
Administrator

You have not said anything offensive about anyone. I would have deleted it.

I wonder if F visited this forum.

You are placing too much value on F's interest.

#6338 2012-11-03 01:19:53

zetafunc.

Possibly, but I don't care. In those e-mails I'm with-holding any personal information that they might be offended by, and I never give away their school names, where they live, or any particularly distinctive characteristics they have. I could have provided pictures of them but I'm not doing that...

#6339 2012-11-03 01:22:31

bobbym
Administrator

I would not worry about it.

#6340 2012-11-03 01:24:45

ShivamS

My apologies. I meant embarassed by those emails and by knowing that you are attracted towards them.

#6341 2012-11-03 01:27:03

zetafunc.

F means hardly anything to me now, I don't really pine over her anymore. She is no longer tangible.

I asked R if she has any plans for next week because clearly she is fully-booked for the next three days...

#6342 2012-11-03 01:28:36

ShivamS

To me R seems like the best choice for you. Think about it... A modern girl who....wait for it... likes Mathematics!

#6343 2012-11-03 01:28:40

bobbym
Administrator

Hope she says she has no plans.

#6344 2012-11-03 01:29:48

zetafunc.

If she replies, she'll inevitably ask 'why?' (why I'm asking about her plans). Then the next step from me will be important.

#6345 2012-11-03 01:30:44

ShivamS

Perhaps you should try to surpass the shyness barriers and throughly ask her on a date.

#6346 2012-11-03 01:32:28

bobbym
Administrator

If she wants to go out with you she will free up the time. I trust she is not an idiot and she knows where you are heading with your questions. Her saying she is busy is a way of putting you off.

#6347 2012-11-03 01:33:24

ShivamS

True. By now anyone would have understood his approach.

#6348 2012-11-03 01:34:47

bobbym
Administrator

What else can he do but come at them in the standard way? It is up to her now.

#6349 2012-11-03 01:36:06

ShivamS

I have suffered from this nauseating experience many times.... And have learned one thing: Do not depend on the female counterpart.

#6350 2012-11-03 01:39:20

bobbym
Administrator

You are kind of young yet. There is more pain and suffering to come.

Board footer