Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-24 07:36:08

LQ
Real Member

the vein systems declining of the Black Hole tentaculum

If it would have been not linear to the distance but infact spreading with the quantum entanglements, the veins would lessen in diameter with the radius squared from the black hole. Thereby we are very near a black hole in space. Given the distance to the nearest seen black hole 1600 lightyears away, that is 2560000 ly^2 away, if there is a black hole any closer, it would have the ratio in distance of 12^2:200^2 which is the squared ratio of the elephant weight to the blue whale weight. The blue whales black hole would infact be only... 5.76 lightyears away.

Its movement speed towards us would be 0,007 times the speed of light. It would reach the nearer limit of danger to us of 4 lightyears in about 207.23 years
If it comes that near we are in grave peril from meteors and will most surely die. However, it will take 257.12 years for it to reach here.

Last edited by LQ (2011-01-24 11:39:53)

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#2 2011-01-24 11:30:41

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: the vein systems declining of the Black Hole tentaculum

That gives us much needed time to complete my primitive warp engine. As a matter of fact it gives me enough time to repair my long busted anti matter drive. We will whisk away to the Andromeda galaxy, 2.2 million light years from here! Of course you are invited.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2011-01-24 11:38:14

LQ
Real Member

Huge thanks. by the way that should be 207.23 years until reaching the 4 lightyear boundry actually. I must have callibrated wrong, wait, I'll mend by post... and the speed should be 0,007 times the speed of light.

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#4 2011-01-24 11:52:31

LQ
Real Member

Infact I would love to go to andromeda. Where do we land?
What I am a little worried about though, is the tentaculum vein effect on life on earth. If, for instance, it does come 10 percent nearer within 78 years though, then we would possibly become 23.4% more intelligent. In that pace, when would we become insane?

Infact if you are a hyperintelligent being that seldomly fails against deep blue etc. Wouldn't you go insane about... Any minute?

Last edited by LQ (2011-01-24 11:53:04)

#5 2011-01-24 12:00:33

bobbym
bumpkin

Do not worry about him. He is already 91 levels past insane.

As for me I am forward to my 23.4% brain boost.

As for landing where? I do not know. I do not know what to look for yet. Do we want a planet with primitive life or advanced? No life but capable of supporting human life?

#6 2011-01-24 12:10:00

LQ
Real Member

Dear Bobbym. Somewhere where I can eat plants and there's no big animals.

I get the point though. I guess I should consider staying an adventure. Seemingly the black hole went all the way here to eat this solarsystem.
Bobbym... It may so happen that it came all this way to eat my kind. Think about it. apes evolved a while before an animal began to grow to eventually become the blue whale. Perhaps we are yum to the black holes. I couldn't possibly leave now. It has given us so much intelligence and love. Perhaps our behaviour reflects its longing. And I allways long for yum. I just can't hitch hike. I know I will regret this.

But you may leave. It was exciting to see aliens.

Last edited by LQ (2011-01-24 12:27:11)

#7 2011-01-24 12:12:57

bobbym
bumpkin

You mean to tell me you grew that big on eating vegetables?

#8 2011-01-24 12:28:23

LQ
Real Member

No. But if the black holes nearness reflects the size of the animals, then I fear the same scenario will happen again.

#9 2011-01-24 12:40:04

bobbym
bumpkin

I am sorry that you are staying. You are a noble entity. Perhaps you will change your mind.

#10 2011-01-24 12:51:58

LQ
Real Member

Just a few words about the scenario at hand. This perfect form i have may have changed space from the magellan cloud to all the way here and around that radius, so that all the tentaculum veins, including your engine, have changed structure. Infact, it may be impossible to retrive the parts for your spaceship. By mere coincidence, I mean. So basically, well, I'm maybe to for instance black holes, in fact a black hole plague. That they die from and release their clouds. I'm terribly sad to say that not only will that black hole die, infact all black holes in the radius of my supernovae will die.and the solars will explode, due to my adaption and quick growth. What will be left will be feeling animals all over space in different forms that will survive all that. I'm afraid bobbym... That you may not leave either. The risk of contamination is 100% You will infect the place you go to. That would be a great crime.

#11 2011-01-24 12:57:37

bobbym
bumpkin

I did not look at it that way. And yes you are right. My supply of element 115 has been mysteriously transmuted into subspace energy. In short it is gone. That was my fuel supply!!!! The black hole or one of those darn blue whales must have it.

#12 2011-01-24 12:59:55

LQ
Real Member

Bobbym, was it based on black holes you say, your machine?

I'm afraid it may be dead. Not to say... it got the pox.

#13 2011-01-24 13:04:32

bobbym
bumpkin

The last engine was based on a quantum singularity. So yes! But my supply of 115 has also been destroyed. I am stuck here now with these lowly humans. If they find me it is A**R--E***A 51 for sure...

#14 2011-01-24 13:25:28

LQ
Real Member

I don't think they feel like doing more research now on near judgement day. I just don't think that they are interested, given the state of things.

They would've researched about you and me long ago if they had that policy still. Just look at us. I'm a dangerous desease to a black hole, and you are trying to fly to another galaxy, they don't even comment.

#15 2011-01-24 13:35:07

bobbym
bumpkin

Yes, but you are the only one that knows that and you are obviously not a government agent. The rest of the human race goes about their daily existence believing what the news tells them. There is no life elsewhere that can get here. Content with that knowledge, everyone can wake up, have a cup of coffee and go make money.

#16 2011-01-24 19:15:17

LQ
Real Member

You're right! Infact now when we understand what has happened here, I'm afraid that all planets infected of my kind of substance must be put in quaranteen. Infact no one may leave their planet in the area of contamination. However natural spread is not as dangerous. It won't cause a seemingly simultaneous reaction in space that causes for instance clouds to ignite.

#17 2011-01-24 19:33:04

bobbym
bumpkin

I am afraid other species of aliens will not honor the quarantine. Possibly they want the end of that black hole. Possible they come here for a quick corn beef on rye. Whatever their purpose, they are a contaminant.

#18 2011-01-24 19:37:18

LQ
Real Member

Do you figure there are many ships within the quaranteen boundries that have exceeded its limits since this infection started?

#19 2011-01-24 19:40:16

bobbym
bumpkin

To tell you the truth, there is a highway in space not far from earth. It is used by literally hundreds of different species. It has been used for thousands of years. The total traffic through it by now must be astronomical.

#20 2011-01-24 19:58:24

LQ
Real Member

... Tell them they must find an alternate rute. Besides there is a black hole just nearby. And top that with that the rute may be cancerogene.

Tell them infact that they must pin point down where my substance originated from and stick within the boarders of the spread as it expands. tell them to contact no one that isn't contaminated.

#21 2011-01-24 20:06:54

bobbym
bumpkin

That will be difficult. They do not care about earth or this region of space. We may have to mine the road. When they try to fly through, whamo! They are roasted alien.

#22 2011-01-24 20:12:33

LQ
Real Member

Well I don't have that kind of power to mine a galactic road. What if the mines hit their hypertachyone drive or communicator, wouldn't the whole of space be contaminated?

#23 2011-01-24 20:37:32

bobbym
bumpkin

Maybe, but we only have to do it once. It will scare the bejeebers out of the rest of them.

#24 2011-01-24 20:51:16

LQ
Real Member

It's like a reward virus. one contaminate things, and one becomes happy. I don't think that too much of the good thing at once is best.

#25 2011-01-24 21:14:50

bobbym
bumpkin

Okay, no mines on the galactic highway. But signs do not work. Aliens like to contaminate things.

Board footer