Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#26 2011-01-18 15:04:35

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: 3D Math Problem ARRRRGH

Oh, okay. I thought that google groups were at least partially moderated. They delay before they actually post, presumably to judge the material.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#27 2011-01-18 15:13:15

SuperLynx

I remember reading some of the posts on the forum I use to be a member of and there were members who would strike at the moderators for being anti-new users, not helpful then hardcore users bite back and defend the moderators.  For example the RTFM statement is very common but one user on this forum mentioned what if the user is in a hurry or doesn't understand the manual, why shouldn't they ask the question even if it's simple, it makes sense.  I'm just trying to understand what there beef was with me, or are they really anti-new users and they want to dominate, remember some of these a** are also those who also develop the program so they have a nice comfortable circle they can speak with the developers and the developers love only selected people.  At the same time they will take the thousands it costs for the program when you pay for it but math on you on the internet.  Which makes me wonder should I really be using a program that despite that it is flawless it's user base is in the toilet with there attitude.  And switch just based on hopefully better morals.

#28 2011-01-18 15:18:38

bobbym
bumpkin

Oh man, you should have told me. Developers and their lackeys are the worst. I questioned one for going back on his word about keeping his software free. I was immediately booted off. Just for asking why he went shareware.

Another bunch used me as a beta tester with the promise that I would get a free copy of the program. Well, they lied. When I questioned them, it was out for me.

#29 2011-01-18 15:28:39

SuperLynx

All the other guys are just lackeys / followers.  Is it possible to find a program where someone in my current position gets recognized or does it depend on the people ?

#30 2011-01-18 15:33:25

bobbym
bumpkin

I wish I could answer that for you but I cannot. I do not currently use any 3D software program so I cannot recommend one. Post underneath this post with a question which asks if someone here is using 3D software that they like and that they know. I will leave your post at the bottom unanswered so that everyone can see it. Good luck!

#31 2011-01-18 15:41:28

SuperLynx

Well I will stick with the 3D software I taught myself the past 5 years.  The only thing I'm stuck on is this visual thing they added 2 versions ago which you can build whatever you need.  For example, causing a object distance control scalar data, if I could for a while have a tutor who could drive me along for a while I'm sure I could finally grasp it then I could drive on my own.

#32 2011-01-18 15:45:52

bobbym
bumpkin

I hope you can find one. I never could. If not then keep on working at it on your own. Eventually you will get it. I am going to go eat now, see you and good luck with it.

#33 2011-01-18 15:48:32

SuperLynx

Alright, I'm going to go for the night as well as it's almost 11PM (EST) If you can post something in the forums as a sticky so it gets attention, hopefully someone can help !

Is anyone here using softimage?

Board footer