Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-18 10:32:56

SuperLynx

3D Math Problem ARRRRGH

Arrrgghhh, I can't understand this I need to create an effect in my 3D Software and I can't figure out how to, is there any math 3D gurus who may have a strong knowledge of physics or whatever I need to solve these two problems ASAP

#2 2011-01-18 10:40:36

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: 3D Math Problem ARRRRGH

Hi SuperLynx;

How have you been doing? Please post the problems so someone can take a look.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2011-01-18 10:44:17

SuperLynx

I've not been doing good lately.  I can't post the probably because although it's math it's related to a program, someone would have to download trial copy of the program for me to explain !

#4 2011-01-18 11:07:27

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi;

I am sorry to hear that. What is wrong?

I still think you should post the pertinent information, someone may already be using the program.

#5 2011-01-18 12:44:29

SuperLynx

If anyone is using Softimage, I would appreciate it.  I've tried for the past few months to get help from those that use the program but it's like walking on egg shells, and one shouldn't get ridiculed when asking for help so I have permanently left, no one deserves that!

#6 2011-01-18 12:55:49

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi SuperLynx;

Many forums are like that. Programming and Chess forums are among the worst. You get told read the manual, what do you want this for ( four letter words deleted ) and posts are deleted by moderators liberally. The _ _ _ _ is a math forum that is like that. They delete the heck out of me and the mods act like a pack of vicious attack dogs. The posters are rude and stuck up.

My point is you are going to have to develope rhino skin because this is the only forum I have seen that is different.

#7 2011-01-18 13:23:51

SuperLynx

Why are they like that ? Do they think they are better just because they know something that I don't at the time or I need help, maybe more help then usual at times ? I was letting it bother me so badly two years ago I was expressing it to my family who had no idea about this stuff and I had to describe it and they were getting upset over it but already then warning me "you need to stop communicating with those people, they are real A**es. They also said you got people who you don't know their lives behind a monitor which is easy do behave like they do !

Last edited by SuperLynx (2011-01-18 13:24:49)

#8 2011-01-18 13:30:22

bobbym
bumpkin

Relax, as I said they do that to everybody. There was a guy who was harassing me at "My Math Forum" so bad I had to write the mods. They did nothing. The administrator made him a moderator!

#9 2011-01-18 13:40:13

SuperLynx

Relax, as I said they do that to everybody. There was a guy who was harassing me at "My Math Forum" so bad I had to write the mods. They did nothing. The administrator made him a moderator!

I had a similar experience, I got told I was the problem !  I don't understand.

#10 2011-01-18 13:43:22

bobbym
bumpkin

Sounds like a great forum. Can I join? I want to be a member!

When you start out they call you a newbie and you stay one.

#11 2011-01-18 13:50:35

SuperLynx

What if you have gained knowledge over months/years how can you still be a newbie if your now progressing to 'advanced' stuff ? I'm sure those that are no longer a 'newbie' use to be a 'newbie' how did they manage getting out of 'newbie' status by being an a** ?

#12 2011-01-18 13:56:30

bobbym
bumpkin

That is a good question. There is a caste system, a pecking order so to speak. I have been made painfully aware of it many times. He went to Harvard, She graduated from Princeton, the other guy teaches at MIT. Get the picture. You never get out your caste. You are an amateur and A _ _ as you call him/her is a pro.

#13 2011-01-18 14:04:06

SuperLynx

Regardless that you have progressed and know that you have progressed, because you don't show that you have the skill level or haven't bragged that you have schooling behind, you always remain a newbie to which you can never be allowed into the elite club.  In other words 'who made them special ?' Anyone can learn, regardless how little education the person has, I've seen remarkable things designed from those that never graduated from MIT or some prestigious school.  How can you explain the odd ones that slipped though and just went to some regular community college ?

These people have no respect for anyone except for a few that they have chosen.  I've noticed that people get afraid to make these people on forums ' upset ' while I'm thinking that it's pathetic there only human with knowledge of something I don't have, but I could get if I wanted too.

Last edited by SuperLynx (2011-01-18 14:07:37)

#14 2011-01-18 14:07:52

bobbym
bumpkin

Forget it, you cannot. I have sent work in that such people felt was not good enough to publish but was good enough to steal!!!!!

You never get out of your caste, no matter how much you know. Without a reputation they will can you stuff faster than you can write it. They control the machinery, it is their world and everyone else justs lives in it.

#15 2011-01-18 14:10:33

SuperLynx

What you're saying is I may never be able to land a position in what I really enjoy doing even if I do learn what I'm currently stuck on because of them, how is that possible ?

#16 2011-01-18 14:15:47

bobbym
bumpkin

That is exactly what I am saying. But life is a struggle, so keep trying. The better you get the more obstacles you will find. I am not sure what is important but it is not what you know that is.

#17 2011-01-18 14:18:29

SuperLynx

Regardless, that I haven't been accepted and helped.  I must if I want it keep going at it and try to learn it and not let them discourage me, speak my voice and if it's not liked, move on ?!

#18 2011-01-18 14:21:26

bobbym
bumpkin

Forget about acceptance. Try to drain their brain of the little bit of knowledge that they acquired because they went to Oxford.

#19 2011-01-18 14:28:48

SuperLynx

Well I've done that, but only gained so far a small percentage but I know that the tap as run dry and I sure as hell am never going to 'rejoin' those forums again besides I'm at a pretty comfortable point except for this geometry math stuff if I were to have this mastered, I will have almost conquered my goals.  My goal was to drain them for a little more information on the advanced topics then leave but nothing ever works out exactly how you planned it, and after the ridiculing began I knew that was my Que to leave. I don't care to be part of the circle I want the information the knowledge I feel better knowing that I have solved a hurdle.

#20 2011-01-18 14:33:00

bobbym
bumpkin

Was it personal ridicule? What was ridiculed? Your knowledge? Were you called names? How many were there? Why? Because you cannot have me topped in this category but I still am interested in the details.

#21 2011-01-18 14:38:46

SuperLynx

The ridicule was personal two years ago, when I got personal emails telling me to 'F off' etc so basically personal attacks.  Then it would get to the point where when I asked a question they would act as if it was going to be silly, stupid, everything is logged on on Google Groups and we know Google doesn't delete it's content.  I've thought about changing the name of myself because they know it and maybe they are out to sabotage me.

#22 2011-01-18 14:44:00

bobbym
bumpkin

Yes, that is too much. I belong to a google group also but they are not quite that bad. I am sorry.

#23 2011-01-18 14:53:27

SuperLynx

Oddly they mostly consist of British and French people, not to sound discriminatory but I just find it odd ! I'm trying to make sense of it, will they sabotage me, do they even care do they think I'm a loser and they are better ? I've seen some of the work they have produced and I know I could produce equal to or better.  Why won't they help if they see I'm struggling is this club so small that they rather keep it like that and they didn't like me, despite even knowing me ?

#24 2011-01-18 14:56:36

bobbym
bumpkin

Please, if I may are you a woman? If so, did they know your gender there?

#25 2011-01-18 15:01:10

SuperLynx

No, I'm a male ! They knew my gender.

Board footer