Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

Login

Username

Password

Not registered yet?

#176 2010-04-16 03:57:21

bobbym
Administrator

Re: Purpose of life????

Hi;

Ricky wrote:

My point stands, one can not choose whether or not they like the taste of broccoli.  Over time it can change however.

The broccoli point is this, your dislike of broccoli is not a natural law like gravity. Dislikes change. We are talking about eating the broccoli, you can overcome your dislikes at will. You cannot however suddenly fly.

The hypnosis will only work while in a hypnotic state, which may not even occur in the first place.  Typically a person has to be "suggestible" in order to induce a trance.

Affirmations made through hypnotic trances or without trances can last long after. Usually they need to be periodically strengthened, again a choice. Most people are highly suggestible and easy to hypnotize.

While the word typically has a Christian connotation to it, it has changed to also mean anyone who focuses on proselytizing their beliefs.

Their beliefs. Why are his beliefs any better than what he is bashing? He is not a theologian or a philosopher.  What makes his opinions valid enough to even listen to? Why trade one belief for another?

Getting back to the point, why is someone who "preaches" atheism not an atheist?

I thought the point was the purpose of life? But if you insist, you are phrasing it incorrectly. My statement is, just because someone preaches something that doesn't mean he/she is for it. People like that are sometimes paid lobbyists for a much larger group. I won't be able to convince you of this but  those people are firm believers in God. In fact their beliefs are much stronger than most non-atheists. They are the spokespersons for a group that is in competition with mainstream religion.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#177 2010-04-18 06:54:26

G_Einstein

Here are the things I wrote before,in an better english.I just found it while searching something else.

Just search science projects in it
morehttp://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photos.php?id=40569674495

Se Zoti vete e tha me goje,se kombet shuhen permbi dhe,por SHqiperia do te roje,per te,per te luftojme ne.
God said that all nation exincts on the ground,but Albania will survive,for it,for it we are fighting.

#178 2013-11-14 03:34:08

Agnishom
Real Member
Award: Wink Sherlock

In the beginning the Universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

What purpose? Wasn't life an accident?

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
'Who are you to judge everything?' -Alokananda

#179 2013-11-14 05:10:52

bobbym
Administrator

I do not believe so. Nor is it going in its present direction an accident.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#180 2013-12-04 18:33:01

philandy

The purpose of life is to dance...*pulls out machine gun*

And that reminds me of a song...Lorde - Royals.

#181 2013-12-05 01:46:40

anonimnystefy
Real Member

Royals is such a hit these days, but it is not true that all of the songs are about what she says they are.

The limit operator is just an excuse for doing something you know you can't.
“It's the subject that nobody knows anything about that we can all talk about!” ― Richard Feynman
“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment

Board footer