Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#76 2010-02-15 22:37:47

Devantè
Real Member

Re: Purpose of life????

I believe anything that I think has enough evidence to be believed in, hence my love for physics - but by that statement, you could say that I should believe in theories of a 'God'; but the presence of a God would cause many questions to surface... and one of those questions would be questioning the purpose of life. But do things need a purpose? And, if one were to know one's purpose of living, would one's lifestyle change as a result?

I approve of anything that gives someone hope, but I disapprove of anyone's statement that states that their belief is wholly true. That's why it's a belief.

#77 2010-02-16 12:02:34

G_Einstein

Well I do not need anything to prove.Everything is clarified,you just need to chek it out.
To be more precise,just take a Quran and read it,try to understand what it says,not reading it like a roman or an ordinary book because it isn't.

Here are things that you can find in the Quran,wich were mentioned in it before 1400 years....

The Quran explains about the rotation of the earth around it's own orbit,it's "journey" with the moon around the sun and explains that the earth,sun,and the moon travel together toward a "point",which you can not denied that is so,because we are travelling around the center of the gallactic.

The Quran explains how a fetus is formed in very precise way.You may says that the Quran was written by a men,but how could he know how a fetus is formed in that time??????????(in such a precise way)

The Quran explains the structure of the earth,the rain,about mountains and tells sspecific caracteristic wich have been discovered by science a few decades before(like that mountains strengthen the earth around them)...

It explaisn that between seas and oceans there is a "unvisible barriere" where the salty water between seas and oceans do not mixed with themselves and this was prooved by oceanographic very late....
It says if a moustique(in french it's ""mouche"" because I don't know how is the name in english) fells in your glass,and has just one wing in the water,push it down so the second wing get in the water because one wing has the ""poison" and the other  the "antidote"".
Scientis from australia are now doing researches about an antibiotic which is beeing created by "mouche" and are develloping further researches about what the Quran says about medicine

I don't remember for now something else......Notice that all the word used are maybe not coorect because I tryed to translate them in the best way,but some word may not be put coorect to make sense,but it is how I felt that you can understand what am I saying

Maybe you'r thinking"he's llying" so if you want to """know"" if I lied or not(of ourse I didn't) just ta,]ke a Quran and start to read it with attention,or go to talk with someone who knows about the scientic thing of the Quran,that's the best way.

If you are really given after science,you'll find a lot of interesting things in it.
You just have to take and to read it(and don't tell me that the thing I mentioned are not in the Quran because I''ll start to laugh because I will supose you  didn't read it,without any offends)

Just to make it clear,I'm not trying to convince you to be religioud or something like that.
Becaus in the beginning  when I was younger I always was given after scince and I didn't have very often contacts with yhe Quran and religious men,but once I decided to take and read it,and to go to lessons about yhe Quran and that is how I started to be religious(I mean to make 5 prayer a day because I always believed that there is a God and I was grown in a christian environment so I know basic differences between Islam and Christianity)

So the best you can do,take to read it or go to ask someone who knows better than me for more details about the Quran because my knowledge about the Quran is like a single drop in an ocean)

Se Zoti vete e tha me goje,se kombet shuhen permbi dhe,por SHqiperia do te roje,per te,per te luftojme ne.
God said that all nation exincts on the ground,but Albania will survive,for it,for it we are fighting.

#78 2010-02-16 12:15:23

John E. Franklin

Believing is not important.  What is, is to have morals.
Believing in what is right and what is wrong, and
what is iffy, and needs more decisions and details.
Decide what you will and won't do under certain
conditions, and then try to see if you can actually
do this when you come against it.

igloo myrtilles fourmis

#79 2010-02-16 18:16:26

Tigeree

Now I am so confused. Where I am from Bible stands for Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#80 2010-02-17 05:00:13

John E. Franklin

Well I am no authority on religions, so I can't help out much,
but I prefer to use my head and decades of mistakes to
do better in the future.

igloo myrtilles fourmis

#81 2010-02-17 11:37:09

d1whohatesmath

G_Einstein wrote:

Well I also don't belive in reincarnation,because a spirit "live" just once....
And about a post that says'"If there were a God,we would proof it"(if I didn't made a mistake by iwritting it).
So you don't believe in God.OK
"Supose" that God existe.If it exist,it would mean that he has the power over everyhting.If so,He could have the power of "not prooving it's existens"(even if it's not true).
That is the esence of B-E-L-I-E-V-I-N-G.Not seeing it,but knowing that He hese everywhere.
That's what God wants from us,to believe in Him by the things that proof the existence of Him.(BIBLE,QURAN...) and the things that are written in it,wich you can see in your everyday life,but that you didn't notice them till a specified moment.

exactly.We cannot be "reincarnated".that is impossible no matter what anyone says.There IS proof.Look at the universe,theanimals,the fragile easily ended way that we survive.We need to breathe,have a heartbeat ect.One
heartbeat missed,we die.One wrong thing in the lungs,we die.Take stomache acid for instance.The acid in the stomache is so powerful,it would destroy the stomache and our whole body with it.The stomache,at the same time that it makes its acid,it makes a type of mucus that coats the stomache so that the acid doesn't kill us.
if that don't convince you,there are thousands of other examples....
neutral

#82 2010-02-17 11:41:35

d1whohatesmath

Tigeree wrote:

Now I am so confused. Where I am from Bible stands for Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.

actually no,although there are many parts that are missing/replaced/ect,there are messages in between the lines about the quran,islam,prophets,ways to behave,stuff that is false and stuff that is true about god,ect.all you need is a pure entention and
to want gto know what the bible and quran says.:)

#83 2010-02-17 11:43:18

d1whohatesmath

G_Einstein wrote:

Well I do not need anything to prove.Everything is clarified,you just need to chek it out.
To be more precise,just take a Quran and read it,try to understand what it says,not reading it like a roman or an ordinary book because it isn't.

Here are things that you can find in the Quran,wich were mentioned in it before 1400 years....

The Quran explains about the rotation of the earth around it's own orbit,it's "journey" with the moon around the sun and explains that the earth,sun,and the moon travel together toward a "point",which you can not denied that is so,because we are travelling around the center of the gallactic.

The Quran explains how a fetus is formed in very precise way.You may says that the Quran was written by a men,but how could he know how a fetus is formed in that time??????????(in such a precise way)

The Quran explains the structure of the earth,the rain,about mountains and tells sspecific caracteristic wich have been discovered by science a few decades before(like that mountains strengthen the earth around them)...

It explaisn that between seas and oceans there is a "unvisible barriere" where the salty water between seas and oceans do not mixed with themselves and this was prooved by oceanographic very late....
It says if a moustique(in french it's ""mouche"" because I don't know how is the name in english) fells in your glass,and has just one wing in the water,push it down so the second wing get in the water because one wing has the ""poison" and the other  the "antidote"".
Scientis from australia are now doing researches about an antibiotic which is beeing created by "mouche" and are develloping further researches about what the Quran says about medicine

I don't remember for now something else......Notice that all the word used are maybe not coorect because I tryed to translate them in the best way,but some word may not be put coorect to make sense,but it is how I felt that you can understand what am I saying

Maybe you'r thinking"he's llying" so if you want to """know"" if I lied or not(of ourse I didn't) just ta,]ke a Quran and start to read it with attention,or go to talk with someone who knows about the scientic thing of the Quran,that's the best way.

If you are really given after science,you'll find a lot of interesting things in it.
You just have to take and to read it(and don't tell me that the thing I mentioned are not in the Quran because I''ll start to laugh because I will supose you  didn't read it,without any offends)

Just to make it clear,I'm not trying to convince you to be religioud or something like that.
Becaus in the beginning  when I was younger I always was given after scince and I didn't have very often contacts with yhe Quran and religious men,but once I decided to take and read it,and to go to lessons about yhe Quran and that is how I started to be religious(I mean to make 5 prayer a day because I always believed that there is a God and I was grown in a christian environment so I know basic differences between Islam and Christianity)

So the best you can do,take to read it or go to ask someone who knows better than me for more details about the Quran because my knowledge about the Quran is like a single drop in an ocean)

Thankyou!!!!finally,and no offense anyone,someone understands the quran .
THANKYOU!!! final

#84 2010-02-17 11:52:21

d1whohatesmath

the quran tells about the day of judgment,medicines scientists havent even FOUND or thought of yet,how the universeworks,the night of power,ect.really,all you need is to sit down and dedicate your time to reading and really understanding what the quran says.

#85 2010-02-17 12:00:28

d1whohatesmath

Devantè wrote:

I believe anything that I think has enough evidence to be believed in, hence my love for physics - but by that statement, you could say that I should believe in theories of a 'God'; but the presence of a God would cause many questions to surface... and one of those questions would be questioning the purpose of life. But do things need a purpose? And, if one were to know one's purpose of living, would one's lifestyle change as a result?

I approve of anything that gives someone hope, but I disapprove of anyone's statement that states that their belief is wholly true. That's why it's a belief.

yes,they need a purpose!without one,you would just be living.no not living,completely lost actually.no offense entended to anyone.
thier life would change for the better.if you believe in god,really god,you will feel at peace ad willing for anything to happen for you know tat god will protect you and whatever happens happens.

#86 2010-02-17 20:30:21

Tigeree

I give up. Besides, I am completely lost!

Last edited by Tigeree (2010-02-17 20:30:47)

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#87 2010-02-17 20:35:45

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi Tig;

I am completely lost!

You mean you are legendarily lost.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#88 2010-02-17 20:52:33

Tigeree

Most definitely. That was in reply to d1's post about a "purpose" which I have not found! And this thread isn't helping me at all.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#89 2010-02-18 05:10:22

G_Einstein

Well I understood the purpose of life when I read the Quran and it was very clear....(If you are so i9nterested to know the purpose of life read it,but I don't remember in wich verset it was mentioned)

Se Zoti vete e tha me goje,se kombet shuhen permbi dhe,por SHqiperia do te roje,per te,per te luftojme ne.
God said that all nation exincts on the ground,but Albania will survive,for it,for it we are fighting.

#90 2010-02-18 06:30:00

John E. Franklin

Purpose:
  1. be kind to other animals
  2. find something to do
  3. find happiness

igloo myrtilles fourmis

#91 2010-02-18 06:36:30

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi John;

Joseph Campbell the mentor of George Lucas, describes your list as finding your bliss.

#92 2010-02-18 08:35:16

John E. Franklin

Hi bobby;

that's funny, I guess 3 things are pretty easy to duplicate smile

igloo myrtilles fourmis

#93 2010-02-19 03:23:02

LQ
Real Member

Purpose: Exist in the true sence; have the factor one and have fun.

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#94 2010-02-19 10:22:16

d1whohatesmath

John E. Franklin wrote:

Purpose:
  1. be kind to other animals
  2. find something to do
  3. find happiness

to truly be happy,stop looking for happiness.
be kind to all things,no matter what.
control anger.

#95 2010-02-19 10:24:06

d1whohatesmath

i am sorry LQ,but you confused me.xplain, plz?

#96 2010-02-19 12:18:00

Tigeree

To me, that's sounds kind of boring. I will look for something else.
I was talking to my friend, who thinks a lot like me, I told him that I thought "belief in a Superior Being was naive, (no offense to anyone on here). He told me: "If there were a 'Superior Being' it would have to be a man, no woman could bust the world up this badly." Feel free to laugh. Because of the traditional opinion that women are essentially the brains against the brawn.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#97 2010-02-19 20:24:14

LQ
Real Member

d1whohatesmath wrote:

i am sorry LQ,but you confused me.xplain, plz?

Well, as long as we percept what we see and are not some kinda machine, I initially for a couple of days ago thought that any experience must have the factor one. Else the concept would have no volume. I just don't believe that anymore, but it's simple to slip under false presumptions, when one only remembers 22 or so years of 15 billion or more years. I simply presumed that if an experience couldn't have the factor one that it would have the factor 0 and not exist. It does sound correct.

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#98 2010-02-20 03:29:36

bobbym
bumpkin

"If there were a 'Superior Being' it would have to be a man, no woman could bust the world up this badly.

It's politically correct and for that reason spurious. No one but man and woman is responsible for what has happenend to our world. Blaming a supreme being is a massive cop out if I ever heard one.

#99 2010-02-20 03:32:15

devian18

ok

#100 2010-02-20 05:31:49

LQ
Real Member

Without the factor 1 nothing is real since all real things has a factor 1. Elseways it would have a factor 0 and then it doesn't exist yet.
So I have a factor 1 because I grew from 0 to 1, from the unreal to the real, without knowing anything about it.
I hope you others also went real eventually, but I wouldn't know about it, so good luck with it.

Must be the highest status I suppose, to have a real factor, and I do think so, but then again there might be, a some few that are that...

Last edited by LQ (2010-02-20 22:04:47)

Board footer