Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 Re: Jokes » Marriage Jokes » 2009-10-28 03:42:13

bobbym wrote:

Ok I get it.

#2 Re: Jokes » Marriage Jokes » 2009-10-27 05:37:23

bobbym wrote:

Hi Ubergeek;

Hi Bobbym.

You can't get truth with opinions.

That's exactly what I said. tongue "Because opinion doesn't qualify as true or false, how much the argument agrees with logic and tested fact does."

But I don't know any married guys (relatives or friends) who are happy with being married.

Wow. what They must have been married a long time now, huh?

So is it hard to believe that they picked the wrong spouse?

Not really but I don't think I realise where we stated anything like that?

#3 Re: Jokes » Marriage Jokes » 2009-10-25 10:00:38

bobbym wrote:

Whether any of those statements are true is a matter of opinion.

Don't you mean a matter of situation or something like that? Because opinion doesn't qualify as true or false, how much the argument agrees with logic and tested fact does.

At least that's what I think tongue. How fail my attempts at discussing are. yikes

Nevertheless, I can't say I'm all that bothered by the sexism, it's only in a few jokes (the others I found quite funny), and however I feel doesn't change that soroban posts enough jokes and entertains enough people for me not to nag him with my personnal futilities.

#4 Re: Jokes » Marriage Jokes » 2009-10-25 07:35:16

Hi Bobbym.

Sadly indeed, gender prejudice is not as nearly considered offensive as, say, any other. But don't get me wrong, I don't want to start a fight with anyone.

#5 Re: Jokes » Marriage Jokes » 2009-10-24 22:52:10

Well, I disagree that all are sexist by nature, but I found some particularly sexist, for instance the one that implies feminists are lesbians. But ok.

#6 Re: Jokes » Marriage Jokes » 2009-10-24 08:50:20

I actually found some of them quite sexist hmm.

#9 Re: Jokes » I lol'd » 2009-10-20 00:47:15

LOLroflol

When her friends hired a stripper for her birthday,commediant Mary Pfeiffer realised how much she had changed. The guy started taking his clothes off and asked:

- What are you thinking, love?

- That I've been married for too long, because the first thing that came to my mind was "You're going to get these clothes off the floor won't you?"

#10 Re: Jokes » I lol'd » 2009-10-19 09:35:22

Thanks Soroban! smile

The new soldiers were having a lesson of "what to do if your parachute doesn't open". They were discussing about the emergency parachute, when one of them raised his hand and asked:

-Sir, if the first parachute doesn't open, how much time do we have to open the emergency one?

The instructor looked him in the eye and said:

- The rest of your life.

#11 Re: Jokes » I lol'd » 2009-10-19 07:34:58

The perfect man

5 secrets for the perfect relationship: You must find a man that makes you laugh a lot. An independent man. A man that is responsible and sincere. You must find a man that loves to make love.

And most important of all: You must find a way for these four men to never meet each other.

#12 Re: Jokes » I lol'd » 2009-10-19 07:17:06

A man is walking in a park when he gets to the psychic's tent. Thinking this might be fun, he enters and sits down.

- Looking at her crystal ball, she says "I see you have two children sir".

-Haha, that's what you think, I have three kids.

- Haha, that's what you think.

#13 Re: Jokes » I lol'd » 2009-10-19 07:09:47

- Have you followed my advice and slept with the window opened?, the doctor asks the pacient.

- Yes, I have.

- And so, did the asma disappeared?

- No, but my watch, the tv, ipod and laptop did.

An executive visits his chinese friend at the hospital.

- Li kai yang qi guan! the pacient yells.

Despaired, the executive wants to help him, but doesn't understand what he's saying.

- Li kai yang qi guan! says his friend again and again, until he finally dies.

Some months later, the executive goes to Xangai and learns what "Li kai yang qi guan means": "You're stepping on the oxygen tube"!

#14 Jokes » I lol'd » 2009-10-19 06:49:04

Ubergeek
Replies: 7

A man was in his death bed and called his wife. With a weak voice he said:

- Honey, come closer, I need to..., confess something!

-No, no!!, answered the woman, relax and keep quiet. You should make no efforts...

- But I need to die in peace! I must confess!

- Alright. 

- The thing is, I went out... with your sister... your mother..., and even your best friend!

- I know, I know. Now be quiet and let the poison work.

#15 Re: Jokes » Point System for Men » 2009-10-16 07:26:49

bobbym wrote:

If you are a real jerk (+20)
If you are a total loser (+100)

20 points for being a jerk and 100 for being a total loser? O.o

#16 Re: Maths Is Fun - Suggestions and Comments » Implicit Equation Grapher » 2009-10-13 02:25:55

I found this one kind of nice.

y^3=x^3sin(x^3+y^2)^2

#17 Re: Jokes » definations related to mathematics:- » 2009-09-27 05:06:59

Classification of mathematical problems as linear and nonlinear is like classification of the Universe as bananas and non-bananas.

It's funny because it's true. :,)

#18 Re: Jokes » Signs of our times » 2009-09-26 00:45:08

Lol, my favorite is the education one. lol

#20 Re: Jokes » Religious Jokes » 2009-09-12 08:58:04

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahha.... takes a breath ...hahahahahhahahahahahha

#22 Re: Jokes » The Evolution of Teaching Mathematics » 2009-08-31 06:52:28

The 1980 and 1990 are the funniest, so accurate about how they try to teach math today that
is sad.

#23 Re: Jokes » Mathematical insult » 2009-08-12 06:29:23

quittyqat wrote:

roflol                    roflol
roflol                    roflol
roflol roflolroflolroflol
roflol                    roflol
roflol                    roflol a!

^This. lol

#24 Re: Dark Discussions at Cafe Infinity » Why girls don't like math? » 2009-08-09 10:52:38

bobbym wrote:

Hi Ubergeek;

Funny thing is, it's an all women panel. All these types of documentaries are always the same. First, you pick some group. Then you assemble 3 representatives from the group and a commentator. Then they go on and on about how it is so difficult to succeed in this field. How society is against this particular group preventing them from achieving their goal. The paradox is the 3 representatives have succeeded. Were they special?

No, but 3 from a world with 7 billion people doesn't seem much. >> The fact that there are people who suceed doesn't mean there are no difficulties, they suceed in spite of them. Special people? No. Special circumstances? Maybe...

#25 Re: Dark Discussions at Cafe Infinity » Why girls don't like math? » 2009-08-09 02:26:30

bobbym wrote:

The three teachers seemed to think that Canadian girls didn't like math. They claimed it was based on their experiences with their students. It might not be true.

Of course it isn't. ^^ These guys are already biased in the first place, so anything that a girl does they translate in their minds that it equals to a distaste for math. We all meet people like that once in a while.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB