I need help with linear equations.
1. Do linear equations follow the order of operations?
For example, x/3 + 6=12
2. When solving this, why do you have to subtract 6 first? (You are not following order of operations).
3. When you do the reciprocal first on the problem above, you get the wrong answer?
4. What is the difference between subtracting 6 first or doing the reciprocal first?
Just say you have a problem like
5. In order to solve, you can distrbute or you can do the reciprocal of the fraction 1/4 and then multiply it by both sides. When you are doing this equation: x/3 +6=12, when you do the reciprocal on both sides, I get the wrong answer why?
BTW, I accuratly know how to solve these, its just I want to understand the methods properly.