Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ π -




Not registered yet?

Post a reply

Go back

Write your message and submit
:) :| :( :D :o ;) :/ :P :lol: :mad: :rolleyes: :cool: | :dizzy :eek :kiss :roflol :rolleyes :shame :down :up :touched :sleep :wave :swear :tongue :what :faint :dunno

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

2012-08-31 03:13:48


Since this can be thought of as function composition you will sometimes see it called the inside function or first function.

2012-08-30 22:23:27

You can just use the word argument, then.

You're welcome. smile

2012-08-30 22:06:09

Thank you, anonimnystefy. I am writing a paper and just wanted to use the correct word, if one existed.

2012-08-30 22:04:21

You could say g(x) is the argument of the tangent function, but I don't think there is a proper name for such a function g(x).

2012-08-30 21:57:11

Hi there. I haven't been here in a while.

Is there a proper name for the interior part of a trigonometric function or is it simply called the inner function, or something to that effect? I have looked around online for an answer but I can't seem to find anything.

For example, the function

does g(x) have a proper term or name? Or is it just "the inner function"?

Thank you very much.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB